Opinion of Kim Davis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:40:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Kim Davis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Kim Davis
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 136

Author Topic: Opinion of Kim Davis  (Read 10304 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 06, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »

You know, the fact that she's an extreme socon and a Democrat doesn't surprise me so much in that part of the country, but the fact that she's an Apostolic and a Democrat DOES. Actually even if she was a Republican I'd be surprised that an Apostolic is holding public office, especially one like that.

For those unaware, Apostolics are a Pentecostal denomination that are mostly found only in Appalachia and the Upper South and yet for whatever reason also North Dakota, (there's a non-negligible population around Bismarck, I know the chiropractor I went to in high school was one, and the receptionist, his daughter was recognizable as one), that basically shun alcohol and tobacco, jewelry, tattoos, most modern clothing and forbid women from wearing pants (they view this as equivalent to crossdressing like men wearing dresses), and their women wear their hair waist long while men are prohibited from having long hair, if you ever thought she was dressed a little odd and archaicly that's why (and notice her hair in the pic above.) They also heavily discourage though I don't believe actually "ban" owning a TV and watching movies. Much like Jehova's Witnesses they tend to be very "anti-worldly" and having one be in charge of record keeping for a county is an odd position. Although worth noting part of the reason why they hold to that is that such jobs could put someone in a position where they must be an accessory to sin...which brings up a valid point here. By the logic of her church she should've resigned as soon as the Supreme Court decision came if not sooner. Though I'm sure her local congregation support her and all.

FF . You know how Dems like to play sanctuary cities with illegal immigrants, that's the card she was playing and according to the logic the Feds had no right to touch her.

From my conservatarian view, She invoked the law which inspired the jurisprudence of the western world and thus invoked a Higher Law.

To quote President John Adams "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies