Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:32:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 262747 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: December 30, 2006, 06:08:20 PM »

That's what the Midwest is for, silly Cheesy
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 06:03:39 PM »

Copycat Tongue

Another example of the Pacific's desire to be just like the Midwest.  It is sad how much struggle other regions will go in their drive to emulate the Midwest in all things it does.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »

Something "almost" happened, that means it didn't. Relax. What exactly happened in December, anyway?

You know what you have to do for New Mexico to join the Midwest. You have to convince Verin to trade Montana. Otherwise, you're staying in the Pacific. As the current votes show, chances are you are the only one in the region who supports New Mexico joining the Midwest, and you're going to have convince 67% of the region to just give you up. I don't think you can make this happen, unless you arrange the trade of Montana.

And I still think it is amusing that you call me a Stalinist when I have in no way abused my powers as Governor. Verin, on the other hand, is an imperalistic dictator-wannabe. He is clearly more of a Stalinist than I am. Would you not have to be a fan of Stalinism to leave the non-Stalinist regioin of the Pacific for the Stalinist region of the Midwest?
*cough* *cough*

Pardon me, I had a frog in my throat. Smiley

The fact that the Pacific has such a large Stalinist contingent is disturbing. Angry December was when the lunatic legislation began to roll into the Pacific.

Actually, I doubt I'll get approval in any event, but I'll [OOC: play the game] go through this circus of flaming hoops as a gesture of good faith! And the Region is showing itself to be supporters of imperialism, by preventing New Mexico from choosing its own destiny!

Nay, for Verin is the very model of a good governor, and the Midwest is the very model of a good Region! Tongue Their legislation may be lighthearted, but it isn't as radical on a base level as things getting enacted into law right this second in the Pacific! Angry OOC: Heh heh heh heh heh

WMS, I strongly disagree.  I am sure we would overwhelmingly trade New Mexico for Montana. However, we feel like we are being robbed of a state. The only one who is being difficult is Verin.

Montana does not have any voters, therefore Montana could not say no to being traded. Only the Midwesterners can deny the trade of Montana. Only Verin is keeping you in the Pacific, WMS.

Thank God, someone finally figured out what I'm doing ^_-

Well then, I shall present this proposal to the mighty ILV and await his reply. Cool

The Midwest shall never part with its beloved Montana!  Why, its citizens practically self-immolated themselves to join the Midwest, it would be improper of us to give them back up!  It is also the ancestral homeland of lewicus tronheimius, a rare cat native to the Midwest!

I am highly disappointed you continue to deny the will of the people of New Mexico, Jesus.  Whether or not Montana is traded, it is the sovereign right of the people of New Mexico (and Utah and Idaho) to transfer themselves willy-nilly between regions whenever they please, so long as "willy-nilly" is really just a synonym for "towards the Midwest"!  It is your responsibility as currently officially recognized controller of the state of New Mexico to represent the state's citizens, and that is what the citizens want!

OOC: I was looking forward to the day when OOC would be used in Atlasia Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »

I am emotionally attached to Montana, but (unlike my boss) I would be ready to contemplate a transfer of Colorado or Wyoming for New Mexico as a means of second-to-last resort.

And we just suddenly became emotionally attached to Montana AND Colorado.  We might become emotionally attached to Wyoming too if the midwest doesn't hurry up.

Well, too late, because we're already emotionally attached to New Mexico, Idaho, and Utah.  We pre-emptively became emotionally attached to defeat you Cheesy

Note we were one vote away from being emotionally attached to the ENTIRE PACIFIC.  So nyah.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 11:18:18 PM »

Unlike the Midwest, the Pacific relies on democracy.  Except, you know, when we rely on blowing the crap out of Belle Fourche, South Dakota.

How did you blow Belle Fourche out of itself?

I have discussed this response with the Pacific Region's advisers, who unanimously agreed to release the following statement:

Zing!

The people of Belle Fourche are shocked and disturbed that you happen to be insulting their crap.  It makes a lovely fertilizer, thank you very much.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:43:15 PM »

I am more than willing to negotiate the trade of New Mexico for a Midwestern state, preferably Montana.

Aha!  You concede Montana's Midwesterness to us.  Clearly, the Midwest region should have dominance over all states that have Midwestern majorities in them, which New Mexico obviously does.  And Idaho and Utah too, because we say so.

But, I have an idea!  We shall take New Mexico.  In return, we will give you Texas.  How does that sound? Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies