DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271707 times)
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:41:57 PM »

I’m officially recanting my statements of being unhappy that the GOP lost the senate . The Republicans deserved to lose it

Well, this is something. I'm pretty sure you're not alone in this sentiment.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »

Well, you guys could look at it this way: maybe you needed to really hit rock bottom in order to finally find your way back up. We really hope to have you back up ASAP.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:13:04 PM »

The fact that Trump has not tweeted a message of sympathy and condemnation for the killing of Sicknick is the most disgusting thing he has ever done. He literally does not care his supporter beat a cop to death, despite his constant professions of support for the police.

Trump has been working the crowd ever since he decided to run for president. Everything he says has the sole purpose to advance his personal interests. He does not give a rat's arse about anybody else but himself.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 12:47:51 PM »

Have many Trump supporters been around since Trump attempted a coup?

I’ve only seen Del Tachi post a few times, and have yet to hear from Fuzzy Bear or SirWoodbury.

I hopeful that they now see they were wrong to support him but I also kinda doubt it.

Fuzzy made a post suggesting Trump should resign. He's been very quiet though.

Woodbury is probably in federal custody.

Didn’t Woodbury say that he’s gonna leave the forum for 1 year if one of the Ds wins the runoff in GA?
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »

Everyone at the Capitol that day was a deplorable, but I will say that there's a difference between the jackbooted wannabe stormtroopers at the front of the crowd who brutalized police officers and the obese morons at the rear who simply wandered in once the doors had been forced open. They should all go to prison; the difference is simply in the number of years they'll serve.

I agree, that is an important distinction to be made. However, as I was reading your comment, a gruesome thought came to mind: what if those harmless “obese morons” had been infiltrated by a bunch of opportunistic radicals with bombs in their backpacks? Given the level of the security breach, the whole thing could’ve ended far, far worse than it did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies