GOP lean of parents vs. non-parents is staggering (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:54:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  GOP lean of parents vs. non-parents is staggering (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP lean of parents vs. non-parents is staggering  (Read 1436 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 11, 2022, 10:17:51 AM »

Conservatives have far more children than liberals, and as such it is natural to expect parents of children to be a conservative-leaning demographic. This is a phenomenon that has been noticed for years, though the exact cause of this is unknown.

It has been going along long enough that most people my age or younger would be Republican, not Democratic. Just because your parents have a certain set of beliefs doesn't mean that you do. For example, all of my sister in laws come from very Republican families (one family are wealthy Coptic Christians, another are crazy border patrol people from the only conservative/moderate area in Vermont, and the last one from rural Central Nebraska) even though they are all liberals of varying degrees.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:35:34 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2022, 01:26:31 PM by Person Man »

Conservatives have far more children than liberals, and as such it is natural to expect parents of children to be a conservative-leaning demographic. This is a phenomenon that has been noticed for years, though the exact cause of this is unknown.

It has been going along long enough that most people my age or younger would be Republican, not Democratic. Just because your parents have a certain set of beliefs doesn't mean that you do. For example, all of my sister in laws come from very Republican families (one family are wealthy Coptic Christians, another are crazy border patrol people from the only conservative/moderate area in Vermont, and the last one from rural Central Nebraska) even though they are all liberals of varying degrees.

Kind of a non sequitur. This thread is about parents and why they lean Republican. I never suggested that their children would also lean Republican.

In a vacuum, I agree but various columnists and think tank professors has used this argument to claim that society was going to become homogenously conservative in the future because of how unsuccessful liberals are in propagating themselves.

It's kind of up there with the notion that white people are going to go extinct because 1) there's more opportunities for different types of people to have children, and 2) white genes are recessive and all based on the fact that it's three times likelier that a child won't be white if only one of their parents is white. White people aren't going extinct.

If you are willing to separate it from its implications, sure.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 01:26:51 PM »

Interesting that such conservative parents are having such identity diverse children.

That's what I am saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies