SENATE BILL: Cabinet Flexibility Amendment (sent to regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:01:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Cabinet Flexibility Amendment (sent to regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Cabinet Flexibility Amendment (sent to regions)  (Read 5470 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: October 10, 2011, 06:00:13 AM »

Support.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »

I'd, however, like to propose an amendment in ny never-ending quest to make the Vice Presidency somehow relevant.

Cabinet Flexibility Amendment
1) Article V, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Third Constitution shall be amended to read "No person may simultaneously hold two or more offices of the Republic of Atlasia at any level of the government. An exception shall be made for members of the President's cabinet, who may serve multiple cabinet posts, but not in addition to any other office. The Vice President shall also be allowed to serve cabinet post

@ Napoleon

As a person who in RL lives under parliamentary system, where Deputies and Senators can are are frequently serving in cabinet, I see no problem with such a solution
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »

Aye
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:15:26 AM »

Aye
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »

Nay

I favor allowing cabinet members to hold multiple offices, but I think the VP should simply take over for the President when he is away.

Because of your stance on Vice Presidency reform, I'm not going to preference you at all now Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

Nay

I favor allowing cabinet members to hold multiple offices, but I think the VP should simply take over for the President when he is away.

Because of your stance on Vice Presidency reform, I'm not going to preference you at all now Tongue

That's OK. I'm not molding my positions to fit anyone else's opinion. It's not like my stance on the issue is a secret, and your third preference wouldn't have made any difference anyway. Wink

Would be just a gesture, just as not preferencing you.

(I hope you lose, because you're good Senator, despite your horrible anti-reform stance Wink)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:40:23 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies