Regional Protection Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:58:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164447 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 27, 2009, 07:01:12 AM »

I do not believe that PiT knowingly and willingly intended to harm the RPP, and I'd recommend that the RPP forgive him and keep him.

I agree.

He is of course welcome to join the DA if he should be exprelled; we have no offsite forum to worry about and we have full confidence in the process by which we undertake decision making and policy formation.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2009, 06:31:13 PM by afleitch »

Statement from the Chair

Folks, frankly they say people mess with those in power.  When the RPP began, conservatives had no voice in Atlasia.  Myself and a few others decided we were fed of being pushed around and we took a gamble that very well may have cost of any chance of winning in this game.  However, the adverse 
occured.  We gave conservatives a voice, we actually gave them more than a voice.  Over the course of a few months, we have become the most powerful party in Atlasia.  While some will deny it, it really is becoming near impossible to win elections without gaining support from the RPP.  We have a strangehold on the Dirty South and hold an elected office in every region but the Pacific.

With great power comes great enemies.  This is what is threatening our party and we must resist or fall victim to what has happened to many of Atlasia's most powerful parties.  We cannot allow division, we cannot allow a collapse.  We have a moderator overstepping his bounds and threatening one of the party's founders and we have an egotistical maniac 14-year-old pulling the strings on many of Atlasia's finest.

So I call upon my party to not allow distractions to get in the way.  As SPC said on the second page of this thread when that moderator called us "jokes" and "frauds", "first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."  At the time it seemed to be not relevant, but at this moment it is moreso than ever.  Today I call upon the RPP to stand strong and show Atlasia what organization and ideas can bring.

The moderator was not overstepping the mark - you cannot make baseless accusations on this Forum as someone did, and expect us to be happy with that. And remember that this is just a game on that forum and can easily be shut down if McCarthyist nonsense takes hold. Understood?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 06:51:27 PM »

The only McCarthyist non-sense going on this forum is that questioning the motives behind the actions of some people is becoming a bannable offense. 

Please stop playing stupid.  Al continually refers to Duke as a rapist, certainly a worse claim that Duke saying Lewis may be being influenced by Xahar.  Absurdity at its finest

By the tone of your last two posts I'm beginning to wonder whether you're intentionally trying to heighten the atmosphere on here.

You can't make accusations and expect to get away with it, whether or not the accused makes a formal complaint. This forum should be safe and people here should be made to feel safe. Making baseless personal accusations on the forum in my book is just as bad at attempting to hack the forums. If Duke feels Al is being unfair to him or saying things he shouldn't he should report it to the mods. These are the only people who can deal with these matters - you don't take them into your own hands.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »

By the tone of your last two posts I'm beginning to wonder whether you're intentionally trying to heighten the atmosphere on here.

You can't make accusations and expect to get away with it, whether or not the accused makes a formal complaint. This forum should be safe and people here should be made to feel safe. Making baseless personal accusations on the forum in my book is just as bad at attempting to hack the forums. If Duke feels Al is being unfair to him or saying things he shouldn't he should report it to the mods. These are the only people who can deal with these matters - you don't take them into your own hands.
All I ask that if you are going to call out Duke for questioning, not stating, that someone may be involved with Xahar, it is unfair not to call out Al for blatently calliing Duke a rapist.  Especially a mod, who conceivably, should be held to a higher standard.

Actually I was calling you out as well over accusing a Bulgarian based poster of coercion Smiley

I am not aware of what Al has or hasn't called Duke (as I only really speak to Duke on the Atlasia forums and Al on the main forums) but if Duke finds something offensive he can report it. However don't expect anything more than a 'word in your ear' (which from what I know is all Al gave to Duke) I've reported people for using the world 'f--got' but don't expect anything more than an aside.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »

I'm all for tamping things down a little, the rhetoric here seems unnecessary. However, denying the fact that Xahar does have influence is naive and dangerous at worst. The fact that many people, myself included, do not like him in the slightest does not mean that he doesn't hold considerable influence among certain members and has utilized this influence to get proposals like Franzl's proposed constitution out into the public arena.

Suprisingly the only evidence we have of Xahar 'manipulating' anything is the RPP. As he said to some members he was controlling Franzl which was a lie. That generated some hysteria which caused RPP members to accuse Franzl and not follow correct forum procedure.

As Al has said, raising the spectre of Xahar as 'bogeyman' does no good. The mods know what he is capable of and we take it seriously. The ban we got was the most heavy handed ban that we could get Dave Leip to agree.

The mods are caught between a 'rock and a hard place' ; if we were able to open the Mod's Corner board to everyone for just one day you'd see a completely different side to things.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »

[I felt, though, that a sharper warning was necessary to shock some sense into you and to make the consequences of behaving like that in the future very clear.
That plan worked to perfection, I honestly don't think how you think anyone is stupid enough to think you have done this if the poster wasn't an RPP member

I'm a big fan of keeping various obscure (and to outsiders confusing) English dialects alive, but a translation would be helpful.
I read that over and I'm not sure how its not clear.

If it was someone other than Duke/myself/SPC, etc. you would not have given the warning

He would.
He has.
And so have I.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »

I think it was clear nothing diabolic was happening on the forum when Xahar had access and couldn't produce anything ground-breaking other than the RPP wanted to see Lewis, Al, and Hashpipe out of office

He has a user-name. It would be nice if you'd use it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »

Just wait to put up the platform, you'll be shaking in your boots.

Will you be displaying the part where it says our goal of Atlasian takeover? Tongue
Well, it does need some tweaking before I present it

I've waited several months for this so a few more hours or days won't be too much bother Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

Thank you for posting this Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:58:37 PM »

Inks will NOT be running.  Time to groom another candidate

Inks is not running for what?

Mideast Senate.

Despite defeating me, he is doing a very good job as governor, I'd vote for him (as he has continued what I had started) and he's popular.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 08:39:55 AM »

Dissapointing, however only in the sense that I had wished and requested to speak to the party prior to a vote being held.

Ah well. That's politics for you Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »

Dissapointing, however only in the sense that I had wished and requested to speak to the party prior to a vote being held.

Ah well. That's politics for you Smiley
We very well may still have a convention, but we felt our endorsement could not wait any longer

If I had known when you were holding the vote, I would have PMed you something to put to the members as I had suggested before I left for the week. No worries.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »

Right to cut through this -

On the matter of the Fritz vote, recall that DWTL had only recently returned after a period of absence which had resulted in him loosing his Senate seat. There was always going to be a reluctance to re-elect him after such a short period of time; a period of absense can be beneficial. There was no co-ordinated effort to ensure that the DA voted one way or the other; remember that in the Presidential race we split between both candidates and without that the race wouldn't have been close.

Secondly, I see no harm in stressing my record Smiley If the RPP is about economic conservatism then I would ask you to remember I've cut tax twice in two bills and I hope to do so for a third time. If it's about regionalism, then to my knowledge I'm the only Senator who has specifically mentioned the regions in two bills; the first given them control over the SEDZ's and secondly through an amendment to the Health Care bill to give region based boards control over health spending and prioritising.

If these things matter, then I hope you would consider giving me a little of your support.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »

For references, let us just how friendly Afleitch was to the RPP in the last election:

[1] Afleitch
[2] Franzl
[3] Purple State
[4] Bacon King
[5] Lief
[6] SPC
[7] DWTL

7 candidates, our 2 preferenced last behind a lot of liberal candidates.  How conservative of him.  Guys, it seems like every election cycle he comes to us claiming to a "conservative" and wanting to work with our party.  Yet every time its a load of empty promises that he does not keep.  I must admit that many times I have taken him up on his offer and tried to work with him, but every time he works as hard as possible to screw our party, not even for the benefit of his party, for the benefits of those who truly hate our party like Al and Earl.  If we 3rd preference anyone, it has to be Franzl or PurpleState

Remember that this vote came on the back of not being endorsed by the RPP despite campaigning to do so. I don't see a 'backlash' at that time as entirely unreasonable. I also voted for PiT in the presidential race, which was the 'last election' (federally) that I voted in!

For the record, what were PS and Franzls votes in that election?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

Oh.

On a lighter note, Happy 1st Birthday...whenever that is...I'm sure its in the next few weeks or so. Or it may have been! Hey ho!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 09:41:49 AM »

UPDATED ENDORSED BALLOT:

1. SPC
2. AHDuke
3. Franzl

That's the 'keep Afleitch out' ballot I presume?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »

There you go. I was saving that torch for...something that did not quite come to pass.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »

Congrats Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies