Opinion of the Ku Klux Klan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:26:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Ku Klux Klan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the KKK
HO

FO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Opinion of the Ku Klux Klan  (Read 7445 times)
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« on: February 05, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »

Massive HO. They should all be put to death.
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »

Duke is not a republican. Saying duke is a republican is like saying lyndon la rouche is a democrat. Reagan,Bush Sr,The RNC and all the main republicans all denounced Duke and campaigned and supported for his democratic opponent.

The KKK as created by democrats to terrorize republicans and blacks were always a democratic organization.
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:20:53 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Black

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Gordon_(Civil_War_General)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Clinton_Porter

http://politicalgraveyard.com/group/kkk.html

Cased closed. Just because the KKK took over the indiana republican party means nothing especially since Republican presidents Calvin Coolidge and Warren Harding openly opposed the KKK and fought for civil rights wereas Woodrow Wilson a liberal democrat openly supported him. 95percent of the KKK more like 98 were democrats.
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 08:42:49 PM by GOP9000 »

Vs

And you say the democrats arint in the kkk? sike.
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »

soo your saying im a member of the racist party and im a racist...

No. Im saying the democrats have a long history of racist politics wereas the Republicans have a history of fighting for civil rights. Not all Democrats are racist and nether are all Republicans thats not what im trying to say.
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »

The Democrats may have a bad record on civil rights, but lets not forget this.

My friends, to those who say that we are rushing this issue of civil rights, I say to them we are 172 years late. To those who say that this civil-rights program is an infringement on states’ rights, I say this: The time has arrived in America for the Democratic Party to get out of the shadow of states' rights and to walk forthrightly into the bright sunshine of human rights.

Let us do forget the evil passions and the blindness of the past.

Hubert Humphrey at the 1948 National Democratic Convention.

Once the Democratic Party adopted Humphrey's position, Strom Thurmond left the party.  He would later join the Republicans.

Thurmond praised President Nixon and his "Southern Strategy" of delaying desegregation, saying Nixon "stood with the South in this case"

Also, Ronald Reagan said this in 1980 in Mississippi:
I believe in states' rights

I agree the democrats do have alot of pros on civil rights but the Republicans do. Reagan also said in his MLK day speech.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the black man. In many ways, Dr. King freed the white man. . . . Where others—white and black—preached hatred, he taught the principles of love and nonviolence."
-Ronald Reagan

Supporting statesrights does not make you racist. I get what you mean about Thurmond though but its important to remember many racists stayed with the democrats Hollings,Smathers,Wallace.
Darth Maul
Rockefeller Republican
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 11:14:59 PM by GOP9000 »

The Democrats may have a bad record on civil rights, but lets not forget this.

My friends, to those who say that we are rushing this issue of civil rights, I say to them we are 172 years late. To those who say that this civil-rights program is an infringement on states’ rights, I say this: The time has arrived in America for the Democratic Party to get out of the shadow of states' rights and to walk forthrightly into the bright sunshine of human rights.

Let us do forget the evil passions and the blindness of the past.

Hubert Humphrey at the 1948 National Democratic Convention.

Once the Democratic Party adopted Humphrey's position, Strom Thurmond left the party.  He would later join the Republicans.

Thurmond praised President Nixon and his "Southern Strategy" of delaying desegregation, saying Nixon "stood with the South in this case"

Also, Ronald Reagan said this in 1980 in Mississippi:
I believe in states' rights

I agree the democrats do have alot of pros on civil rights but the Republicans do. Reagan also said in his MLK day speech.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the black man. In many ways, Dr. King freed the white man. . . . Where others—white and black—preached hatred, he taught the principles of love and nonviolence."
-Ronald Reagan

Supporting statesrights does not make you racist. I get what you mean about Thurmond though but its important to remember many racists stayed with the democrats Hollings,Smathers,Wallace.

I don't disagree with any of that.  I'm just saying that you can't base your vote on what Woodrow Wilson said 100 years ago.

States rights however have always been a code word for discrimination.  It's states basically saying "we know the rest of the country doesn't agree with us, but we would like to keep our peculiar institutions no matter how despicable they may be."

Fair enough. I base my votes onb ideology in which I agree far more with the GOP but still the GOP has a far better record then the democrats im not trying to say all democrats are racist but that the GOP has always supported civil rights even when it was unpopular.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies