North Carolina 2020 Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:15:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  North Carolina 2020 Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina 2020 Redistricting  (Read 87473 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: October 05, 2021, 04:13:07 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've made a lot of NC maps on DRA attempting to be fair and I keep getting 9-5, is this the natural alignment for the state?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 07:20:25 PM »

Given how 2022 will go, is it a reasonable assumption that the gerrymander will be in place for several cycles, perhaps the full decade?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 09:54:47 PM »

I never want to hear again how the gop has a systemic bias in its favor

NY can have a 22-4 map and get away with it

Oregon can get away with its bs

Illinois can get away with its bs

These rulings always go in one direction. Always.

And yet the national map is a lock to have an overall Republican slant.

It's not really a lock at all.

The redistricting experts on Twitter seem to think otherwise, that a 50-50 national House popular vote split in 2022 will almost certainly lead to a Republican controlled House.

You obviously are out of the loop cause Dave Wasserman and Nate Cohn, among many others, now expect the House to probably be a bit to the left of the 2020 popular vote. This is still a slight R bias compared to if the entire nation were mapped using the same standards: just as the median senate seat was 4 points to the right of the 2020 popular vote, the median House seat would probably be something like 3 points to the left. This is just what happens when parties focus on the easiest path to the presidency, and one parties path doesn't involve winning the popular vote.

Now, what you may be confused by is when other situational factors, like retirements, funding, candidates - and how a handful of incumbents are in mismatched seats by partisanship - that go beyond the overall topline analysis. But the GOP will have to take seats Biden won to get a majority, whereas the Dems in 2018 could just walk Clintons path to victory. And its easy to imagine a Dem majority in 2024, unless the topline is a landslide.

The tipping point district could vote very slightly to the left of the nation in 2022, but in 2024 with lots of swing district Republican incumbents that should shift the lean of the map slightly. By then, Democrats would likely need to win the popular vote at least slightly to win a majority.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies