Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:37:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33918 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 29, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »

Relevant Personal Anecdote:

Today at Sunday school my regular teacher as MIA, so we got lumped into a group with sophomores.  And lo and behold, one of the men who teach the class is a corporate employee at Chick-fil-A.  The topic was 'leadership' but he got off on a tangent about his job and mentioned the Chick-fil--A president, whose name escapes me.  He said "that interview which stirred up so much controversy, was given by [The President] on his back porch after mowing the lawn to a baptist organization.  He didn't have his Monday-Friday business mentality on when he said those things, you know, he was just speaking for himself.  But then the AJC and then national media latched onto the story and..." and then he went on and on about how the President is "strong in his walk withe The Lord."  Some pipsqueak behind me said "The bible says Homosexuality is an abomination, you know" and I just buried my head in my hands.  God, how I hate the Baptist Church.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

BTW since Yelnoc has been fairly defensive of Catholicism in the past (inexplicably, since he obviously isn't Catholic), he might want to familiarize himself with this guy: http://www.citypages.com/2012-06-20/news/archbishop-john-nienstedt-crusades-against-gay-marriage

He's probably even worse than the Chik-fil-A president.

Oh, and congratulations Sanchez!
You hate "Papists" and thus, Catholics are obvious FF

Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »

For the record, Chick-fil-A's chicken isn't awful.  Their trade mark chicken sandwich is actually pretty good, as are the breakfast biscuits.  I'm not the kind of person who eats at fast food much (usually only when I'm on the road or something unusual is going on) but when I do, Chick-fil-A is one of the fast food joints I look for.

I bring that up because eventually I'll eat another Chick-fil-A sandwich.  Not because I support the views of the owners, but because it's decent quality for fast food (only joint I've never found hair in my food at).  I don't think it's some travesty to buy the products of companies whose views or practices may be unethical or immoral.  Most people do it all the time; if you own an Apple product for instance you are guilty.  But choosing not to buy their product is only going to leave you out of the money, or in the case of Chick-fil-A, with McDonald's rubber "chicken" floating around in your stomach.

From my point of view, don't be afraid to buy their products, but have fun with it.  If you're gay, make sure to make out with your boy/girlfriend while sitting at your booth, or whatever.  No need to be so serious.  The outpouring of support we're seeing is homophobia in its death throes.  Time is on the side of gay rights, so there's no need to get outraged about the moral failings of the Chick-fil-A ownership. 
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »

America! etc.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

For the record, I'm posting now from KFC...came to have lunch here again Wink
KFC's chicken is alright for it's type considering it's homestyle southern cooking shoved into a fast food joint, but I much prefer grocery deli chicken, myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies