The 1,000 Districts Series (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:16:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The 1,000 Districts Series (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 1,000 Districts Series  (Read 22717 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« on: January 26, 2013, 06:35:17 AM »

Idaho, with the Republican legislature being generous:

The blue (Boise and immediate suburbs) would have been won by Obama with 264 votes, but should be favorable to Idaho Democrats. They also could have an outside chance in the northern district (McCain 59.1%, Obama 38.3%). Incidentally, 5 districts is probably the minimum in Idaho where you can draw an Obama district without a hideous gerrymander.
Don't they have a commission?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:40:38 AM »

How do I make map-moving faster on the DRA?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »

There are plenty of rural areas, particularly in the upland South and parts of the Midwest, that are more populist than right-wing. If the Democrats at some point drop the trend towards being a culturally liberal, economically neoliberal party which keeps inner-city minorities with valence issues, and become an economically left-populist party, they would do much better at a congressional level.

Though taking over some of these swingy suburban areas helps us wing, it also bring many moderates and neoliberals on board, which is the last thing I want.
It depends though - will they elect populists who will support most of our economic agenda or Blue Dogs? And I'd much rather New Dems to Blue Dogs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies