TX-SEN: True to Form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:54:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 68
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 159144 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: August 31, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »

This is huge.

This is what led Al Gore to win Texas in 2000. Beto is doomed.

Yeah; this won't change the race. It's old rehashed info
Nathan Towne
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.03, S: -3.13

« Reply #751 on: August 31, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »

The idea that Trump would film an ad apologizing for attacking Ted Cruz is rather far-fetched.

Besides Cruz's problem isn't that Trump voters don't like him- his problem is that he's Ted Cruz, and he endorsed a man who called his wife ugly, and accused his Dad of killing JFK. It's the added reason why Beto has picked up so much money, and momentum- if he was running against John Cornyn he would't have picked up as much steam.

SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP

God, Beto even looks good in his mugshot:

I think the Texas GOP are the only people who have used the word 'rad' in the last 20 years.

Well, he wouldn't have to make a film or a video doing so. He could simply do so via Twitter as whatever he says on Twitter seems to be national news.
Nathan Towne
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.03, S: -3.13

« Reply #752 on: August 31, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »

That's the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. RCP is apparently more drunk than Brooklyn Beto was when he DWIed if they think that Titanium Titan of the Constitution 'Lyin Ted could possibly lose. I thought Sean Trende was smarter than this.

I have too much faith in the great people of your State to think that they will fall for the snake oil that O'Rourke is selling.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #753 on: August 31, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »

I don't see how this can be considered a Tossup at this point.  O'Rourke has not led in a single substantiated poll (the Civiqs poll that supposedly had him up by 1 never materialized).  If the race were truly close, he would be leading in *some* polls.  I'll acknowledge that it's closer than I ever expected, but objectively I don't see how it can be rated any closer than Lean R.  That is, it would no longer surprise me if O'Rourke won, but Cruz is still the favorite.  If we start seeing some polls with Beto in the lead, that would be a different story.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #754 on: August 31, 2018, 01:31:27 PM »

The Dui story could have legs in that he attempted to flee the scene and drove into an oncoming lane of traffic. He also got off scot-free because daddy was a powerful judge
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #755 on: August 31, 2018, 01:47:53 PM »

The DUI story is going to have absolutely no effect. Atlas is overreacting to everything as usual.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #756 on: August 31, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »

The DUI story is going to have absolutely no effect. Atlas is overreacting to everything as usual.

DeSantis using racial slurs and moderating a racist Facebook page won't have any effect at all but one incident of DUI will absolutely destroy O'Rourke. #Atlas
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #757 on: August 31, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »

DeSantis using racial slurs and moderating a racist Facebook page won't have any effect at all but one incident of DUI will absolutely destroy O'Rourke. #Atlas

What's more, the DeSantis monkey comments were plastered all over national news for a few days. I haven't seen anything about O'Rourke's DUI incident outside of Atlas and the TXGOP Twitter.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #758 on: August 31, 2018, 01:59:08 PM »

Lol at the same people who squel about articles written by Mike Pence in the 90's and considered an alleged Mitt Romney bullying story to be a major scandal don't seem to care about their griftwr almost killing people in a drunken rage and using his daddybto get out of it
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: August 31, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »

Lol at the same people who squel about articles written by Mike Pence in the 90's and considered an alleged Mitt Romney bullying story to be a major scandal don't seem to care about their griftwr almost killing people in a drunken rage and using his daddybto get out of it

Republicans using the word "grifter" derogatorily? Pot, meet kettle.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #760 on: August 31, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »

What's more, the DeSantis monkey comments were plastered all over national news for a few days. I haven't seen anything about O'Rourke's DUI incident outside of Atlas and the TXGOP Twitter.

Yeah, I doubt many non-Republicans are going to take the Texas GOP seriously after they tried slandering him for being in a punk rock band.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #761 on: August 31, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »

Trump will hold a large rally for Cruz. A major boost to Beto's credibility, in my eyes. Toss up.

Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #762 on: August 31, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »

Republicans using the word "grifter" derogatorily? Pot, meet kettle.
I understand, the affluenza defense is ok when you guys do it
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #763 on: August 31, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »

Trump will hold a large rally for Cruz. A major boost to Beto's credibility, in my eyes. Toss up.

It's always the same talking points. So unoriginal.

I've noticed he's stopped using the Tax cuts talking point. He knows they're failing.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #764 on: August 31, 2018, 02:34:33 PM »

Just imagine the amount of lying thats going to go on at this rally between the 2 of them
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #765 on: August 31, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #766 on: August 31, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »

Hey look, Trump flip-flopped again!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #767 on: August 31, 2018, 04:55:03 PM »

Lyin' Ted and Colludin' Don should be fun to watch.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #768 on: August 31, 2018, 05:00:13 PM »

LMAO this is going to be the most awkward and uncomfortable rally in history.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #769 on: August 31, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »

LMAO this is going to be the most awkward and uncomfortable rally in history.

Not anymore awkward than this moment.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #770 on: August 31, 2018, 05:23:38 PM »

I'm betting Trump still calls him "Lyin' Ted" on stage while endorsing him.

"I have no greater supporter in the Senate than my friend Lyin' Ted Cruz. Lyin' Ted has always had my back." Etc.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #771 on: August 31, 2018, 05:32:37 PM »

Man, I was thinking of endorsing Beto, until I heard that he's weak on the Second Amendment, Crime, Borders, Military, and Vets. Damn shame.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #772 on: August 31, 2018, 06:33:52 PM »

The Dui story could have legs in that he attempted to flee the scene and drove into an oncoming lane of traffic. He also got off scot-free because daddy was a powerful judge

[Citation Needed]

It sounds like because he had no prior criminal history, he was eligible for and successfully completed a pretty standard pretrial diversion program in order to avoid getting a conviction on his record. I obviously don’t know what the specifics would have been, but here in my jurisdiction that would mean court-ordered AA meetings and regular alcohol and drug testing for at least a year.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #773 on: August 31, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »

I'm betting Trump still calls him "Lyin' Ted" on stage while endorsing him.

"I have no greater supporter in the Senate than my friend Lyin' Ted Cruz. Lyin' Ted has always had my back." Etc.

Trump would finally have the greatest of something at that point: world's greatest Freudian slip.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #774 on: August 31, 2018, 08:43:12 PM »

[Citation Needed]

It sounds like because he had no prior criminal history, he was eligible for and successfully completed a pretty standard pretrial diversion program in order to avoid getting a conviction on his record. I obviously don’t know what the specifics would have been, but here in my jurisdiction that would mean court-ordered AA meetings and regular alcohol and drug testing for at least a year.

Bush was tarred and feathered for his DUI when he was 18 the last weekend of the 2000 campaign.  So you will understand if I do not express any sympathy for little fake Beto.  Please note there was never an allegation of property damage or fleeing in the Bush case.  But Beto is a Democrat. This will probably win him the Presidency.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies