Georgia (PPP): Biden +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:07:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Georgia (PPP): Biden +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia (PPP): Biden +4  (Read 3303 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« on: June 29, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
« edited: June 29, 2020, 01:47:41 PM by Monstro »

There's simply no modern precedent for Democrats winning Georgia. They never won it in 28 years, so don't even try.

We can't risk it. Must play it safe and get that 40% margin in MI/PA/WI
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2020, 06:35:10 PM by Monstro »

There's simply no modern precedent for Democrats winning Georgia. They never won it in 28 years, so don't even try.

If all you do is play it safe, you might lose a state you're playing it safe on, while also losing a reach state you might have won with some effort.

Monstro is mocking the idiots that think it’s wise to pump hundreds of millions of dollars into only PA, MI, WI, and AZ and not DARE waste any money on “reach” states like FL, NC, GA and TX

Hell, if Sinema hadn't won her Senate race, I'd wager AZ being in the GA/TX column too. Even with Biden leading in all but 2 polls this year. Thankfully, she did win and it's not as tough a sell as it would've been.

Honestly, I'd trade priorities between NC & GA. Invest in both states' Senate races, but start ramping up resources in those Atlanta suburbs
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2020, 07:19:20 PM by Monstro »

If all you do is play it safe, you might lose a state you're playing it safe on, while also losing a reach state you might have won with some effort.

Monstro is mocking the idiots that think it’s wise to pump hundreds of millions of dollars into only PA, MI, WI, and AZ and not DARE waste any money on “reach” states like FL, NC, GA and TX

Hell, if Sinema hadn't won her Senate race, I'd wager AZ being in the GA/TX column too. Even with Biden leading in all but 2 polls this year.

Honestly, I'd trade priorities between NC & GA. Invest in both states' Senate races, but start ramping up resources in those Atlanta suburbs

Democrats also won the Secretary of State race in 2018.

I'm aware. Plus the Superintendent race. And Democrats getting more votes statewide in US House & State Senate races. And Democrats getting closer to flipping the State House.

I wouldn't doubt some Sinema coattails helped out a little bit. Otherwise, it'd probably go under the Texas mantra of "Well, it was 2018. Of course Dems would do better, but that all changes somehow in 2020"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies