Which occupations are trending leftward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:32:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which occupations are trending leftward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which occupations are trending leftward?  (Read 1494 times)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: October 10, 2021, 08:43:07 PM »

Medicine because most new doctors will be on the salary rolls of large healthcare conglomerates rather than small business owners operating a private practice.  Medicine is obviously becoming a lot more female and non-White, too.

A lot of my bullishness on where the Dems are (heading) with Asian Americans (and Vietnamese Americans in particular) comes from seeing how left-leaning and progressive minded Asian pre-health college students, healthcare graduate students, and recent grads in their 20s are as a group- both in real life and online. I will note that there is a gender gap and arguably a class/religiosity one as well.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 12:52:59 AM »

Medicine because most new doctors will be on the salary rolls of large healthcare conglomerates rather than small business owners operating a private practice.  Medicine is obviously becoming a lot more female and non-White, too.

A lot of my bullishness on where the Dems are (heading) with Asian Americans (and Vietnamese Americans in particular) comes from seeing how left-leaning and progressive minded Asian pre-health college students, healthcare graduate students, and recent grads in their 20s are as a group- both in real life and online. I will note that there is a gender gap and arguably a class/religiosity one as well.

Would you consider the idea that there might be a Geography related gap too? That may have something to do with it. The Portland suburbs are known for their liberalism after all.

I honestly would be very curious now to find out if there are polls outlining the political differences between Califofnia Chinese Americans and Texas Chinese Americans.

My observations about healthcare Asians under 35ish weren't strictly limited to people who grew up in the Portland area.

I'm sure there's some sort of regional geography divide, but have no idea if there are any trustworthy AALDEF- or Latino Decisions-style state level exit polls on Asian subgroups for either state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies