What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:15:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 634559 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

I just watched a classic favorite "The Rock", a 1996 action film with Sean Connary, Nicolas Cage, and Ed Harris. Classic Michael Bay...and the President in this film is the same President as in "Armageddon", thus connecting the two films.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »

Rented The Kingdom.  Decent film.  The last 20 seconds were powerful and worth the price of rental.

I got the impression the director thought a lot of Republicans would go to the movie misinformed thinking it'd be some rah-rah jingoistic film and through that in at the end to give them a real suckerpunch.

Nah...I know any film Hollywood releases about the war on terror has to have a slant, thus I just don't see them and stick to Jack Bauer shooting terrorists on "24".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »

Watched the classic "Kindergarden Cop" (1991) with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
SPOILER:

The only part that bugs me is at the end when he quit his job as a cop in the LAPD and stayed a Kindergarden teacher. Sad
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »

Night Shift

Classic early 80s comedy starring The Fonz and Beetlejuice. I'm sure Naso's a fan.

This just caught my eye. YES! I rented the DVD back in 2004 and it was a classic, no doubt.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »

Saving Private Ryan

I went to see this in theaters one night back in 1998 because my mom and dad were going and had to take me along. I remember the opening battle scene and fell asleep through the rest. (Funny thing...this was in theaters the same time as my favorite film "Armageddon", but I didn't see that until three years later.)

I saw it from start to finish for the first time on YouTube the other day, and it was great.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2008, 04:18:56 AM »

Misery (1990) with James Caan and Kathy Bates. Very good. Stephen King is one wacky dude.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »

Classic!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2008, 02:10:00 AM »

Speaking of Coen films...

The Big Lebowski

I can't believe I waited so long to see this film...it's perhaps now one of my top 10 favorites.

It was alright, I saw it a few years ago. I think one of my favorite parts was when "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" came on the radio in the cab and he said, "I HATE THIS SONG" and the guy kicked him out of his cab! HAHAH
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

The Shawshank Redemption.

Would've been the best movie of the year it was released if it had not been released the same year as Pulp Fiction. But talk about the happiest ending EVER.

Yep...I saw that back in the late 90s on cable...great movie.

I like old prison films like that....I'd recommend the 1999 hit "The Green Mile" for you.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2008, 03:43:18 AM »

Okay...caught up on a bunch of flicks this month so far...

Fatal Attraction (1987) with Michael Douglas and Glenn Close

This movie is a classic thriller that should scare the bejesus out of any man thinking of cheating on his wife.

Child's Play 2 (1990)

An okay sequel to an okay horror film. Chucky is your most loveable horror movie killer...and probably the funniest.

Child's Play 3 (1991)

Not as good as Child's Play 2, but what do you expect? Made in 1991...this horror film was past the Reagan-era Slasher genre and before the Clinton-era "Scream" genre. Basically, the George H.W. Bush horror movie era sucked.

Halloween REMAKE (2007)

Good for a film on it's own, but not even remotely close to the strength of the original 1978 classic or it's many sequels.

Ghost Dad (1990)

Even though it bombed and was critically panned, Bill Cosby is hilarious in his warm family comedy that I had the pleasure of seeing way back 15+ years ago as a little kid...and watching it as a grown up still tickles my heart. Good stuff.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »

The Dark Knight

My friend had it on. It looked watchable, but I never was much of a Batman person. I even rejected the offer to come to the movies to see it this Summer. Christan Bale is too "sinister sounding" as Batman. The late Heath Ledger gives a good performance as the joker and Aaron Eckert is very good...probably the best act in the film.

I'm still partial to Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 03:46:09 AM »

Just watched "A Bronx Tale". Classic film.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2008, 06:17:53 PM »

Just watched "A Bronx Tale". Classic film.

In celebration of Calogero beating his murder charge the other day?

I thought about that. "Cee" LOL

Should I give her the Mario test? MARIO? MARIO IS A FIN' SICK MANIAC!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2009, 02:33:57 AM »

AMC is on right next to me.

They showed "Rambo: First Blood Part II" (1985)...then "First Blood" (1982)...then Part II again....now "Death Wish" (1974).

Wanna know an interesting tidbit...my father saw "Death Wish" in theaters when he was my age in the Air Force, and said at the very end, Bronson got a standing ovation from the audience. Stuff like that doesn't happen anymore.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2009, 07:01:09 PM »

Reservoir Dogs

My college was closed due to snow, so I'm basically just watching movies today. Some great scenes in here but the ending doesn't work for me. I feel like the story could have been expanded as well.

Classic...can't believe you're just now seeing it. I'd recommend "True Romance", "Pulp Fiction", and other Tarantino films since they and "Reservoir Dogs" all kind of take place in the same universe.

For example, when Mr. White mentions "Alabama"...she is a character from the film "True Romance". Also, Tarantino's character in "Pulp Fiction" is supposed to be a relative of Mr. White, while John Travolta's character in "Pulp Fiction" is the brother of "Reservoir Dogs"' Mr. Blonde.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009, 10:05:46 AM »

Comedy Central played the film "Heart Condition" a 1990 textbook late 80s/early 90s Comedy/Drama/Action film. I rented it back about five or six years ago.

Bob Hoskins plays Police Sergeant Jack Moony, a manic career cop and Denzel Washington plays Napoleon Stone, an adorable but sleazy ambulance chasing lawyer whom Moony hates. Moony's years of bad habits, such as overeating, racism, smoking, and drinking, finally catch up with him. At the same time that Stone is gunned down in a drive-by shooting, Mooney has a heart attack, and wakes up to find out that his new heart was once Stone's, and the dead lawyer's ghost has become his constant companion. Now, Moony will have to solve Stone's murder.

Decent "H.W. Bush era" flick Wink
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »

I´m watching "Remember the Titans" in 10 minutes. I´ve never seen this movie, but Obama seemed to use songs from it at one point in his campaign. Is it worth watching ?

It was an okay film...I remember we had to watch it 10,000 times on the "do nothing" days in Middle School and High School classes.

It's like four and a half years ago in my Health class, where we had a sub who put in "Kindergarden Cop" and I had to pause it and explain to the class that Arnold was a cop who had to go undercover as a teacher...and not an actual teacher/cop mix.

Good Lord I hate dumb people. There's your youthful Obama voter Wink
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 04:07:17 AM »

1987 action/drama film called "The Principal". Jim Belushi plays the principal of a school where people are totally out of control with drugs, gangs, ect.

Good flick, I saw it back in 2003 and had forgotten most of the story.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 05:14:13 AM »

Tideland-WHOA, weird movie.  Good though.  It's one of those movies you don't need to see more than once.  Or would want to.  Great acting by the little girl and the "special" kid.

Last House on the Left-Kind of disappointing.  I was expecting something....a little more?..I'm not sure.  I suppose it was ahead of it's time, but it's been done better by a lot of movies since.  I doubt it will make it into my regular rotation of horror movies.  It probably didn't help that I saw a (poorly) edited version of the movie on TV when I was 11 or 12 so I kind of knew what was going to happen.

Hey dead0man...it's really strange because they keep remaking films from the 1980s which I saw as "recent" films when I was a kid....but they are also making sequels to films from the 1980s (Rambo, Rocky, upcoming Beverly Hills Cop VI and Three Men and a Bride)...so it's hard to put together in my mind.

Hell, I remember vividly going to the video store with my older sister around 1996 to rent a horror film. We rented "The Funhouse", a 1981 horror movie by the director of the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Suddenly that film is over a quarter of a century old. Crazy.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »

Trees Lounge-good, not great

The Seventh Sign-meh.  Demi Moore naked is enough to take the "suck" out of any movie though.

You don't like Demi Moore naked?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »

The Last Boy Scout (1991) - Bruce Willis plays a former secret service agent who saved the President but lost his job after beating up a U.S. Senator he was protecting who was beating a woman in a cruel sex game. Working as a P.I., he teams up with Football player Damon Wayans to take down bad guys.

Very good.

Striking Distance (1993) - Bruce Willis plays a Pittsburgh cop tracking down a killer. Also stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore, Andre Braugher and John Mahoney, who all play cops as well.

Very good.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2009, 02:20:15 AM »

Just finished watching "88 Minutes" starring Al Pacino. Fantastic film.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »

Unlawful Entry, a 1992 thriller about Ray Liotta as a crazy cop who begins to have a fixation on Kurt Russell's amazingly hot wife Madeline Stowe. Good flick.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:56 PM »

Unlawful Entry, a 1992 thriller about Ray Liotta as a crazy cop who begins to have a fixation on Kurt Russell's amazingly hot wife Madeline Stowe. Good flick.

That was good, Mike.  And Madeline Stowe was delicious.

No doubt, man. I remember renting it back around 2002 or 2003...and I had forgotten alot of the movie. I know I seem a little old fashioned, but movies like that I'll be watching always...they never get old.

In fact, back when I was in Middle School and my Freshman year of High School in 2002, 2003 and the first half of 2004...every week, I would save my lunch money (schools had us eating "lunch" way too early anyways) and I would buy VHS movies that my local independently owned video store was selling. From Escape to New York to the Death Wish films to the original Assault on Precinct 13...my current VHS collection is near 300 movies, atleast.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2009, 01:14:57 AM »

The Border, a 1982 film starring Jack Nicholson as a California INS agent turned El Paso, TX border patrol cop. Also stars Harvey Keitel and the very busty Valerie Perrine as Nicholson's gold digging wife. Good flick.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies