Should Osama bin Laden be put to death?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:37:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Osama bin Laden be put to death?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Capital punishment for Osama?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Should Osama bin Laden be put to death?  (Read 4713 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 07:00:46 PM »

OK here's my idea:

Put him in prison.  Brainwash him so that he becomes either a devout Christian or an atheist.  Get him to make another video from his cell of him totally denouncing Islam and terror tactics, and calling Mohammed a heathen or something, and broadcast it from al-Jazeera or some-such.  Then put him in total isolation (with absolutely no human contact at all) for the rest of his short life.  Believe me, that's possibly the worst psychological torture anybody can endure.  Either that, or 'accidentally' allow a couple of the 9/11 victims' families into his cell with whatever blunt instruments they care to be holding at the time.  Whichever is good.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 07:50:25 PM »

No - he'll just be a martyr.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 08:02:29 PM »

Yes, obviously. Figures we have some ultraliberal extremists here who actually oppose the death penalty in clear cut cases like this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 08:54:02 PM »

Yes, obviously. Figures we have some ultraliberal extremists here who actually oppose the death penalty in clear cut cases like this.

or maybe people who realize execution is not a punishment to someone willing to die for their cause.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 01:45:53 AM »

You've gone soft, Philip-- I would have expected you to say that he should do hard labor for the rest of his life.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 04:11:20 AM »

OK here's my idea:

Put him in prison.  Brainwash him so that he becomes either a devout Christian or an atheist.  Get him to make another video from his cell of him totally denouncing Islam and terror tactics, and calling Mohammed a heathen or something, and broadcast it from al-Jazeera or some-such.
What good's that going to do (apart from the fact that it's near impossible to "brainwash" somebody). Everybody seeing it will recognize it was made by torture. It would just lower everybody's esteem for the US, and make Islamists madder than ever.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 04:56:09 PM »

Bin laden is a military target, not a legal target.

He should be hunted down like a dog and killed.  No trial.  His body should be discarded in the most disrespectful manner possible.

The people who support him recognize only raw power.  They will never like us no matter what we do; we must humiliate him, and make them fear us deeply.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 05:19:28 PM »

Death would be too good for him.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

Castrate him
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 05:24:23 PM »

You've gone soft, Philip-- I would have expected you to say that he should do hard labor for the rest of his life.

Well, duh, but that's not going to happen, and since he's obviously guilty, I prefer that he be put to death than placed in some prison.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37:48 PM »

Give him the full American treatment...a fair trial, with judge, jury, prosecution and defense, and 3000 counts of murder.  Sentence him to death, put him in a maximum security prison...but have the convoy taking him to the prison be almost completely unguarded.  He won't make it there alive.
niarchbomb

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 11:39:17 PM »

Unless it's the only way for us to prevent him from harming more people.  In which case, the average citizen is just as qualified to carry out the execution as the government.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 11:43:37 PM »

I say that every New Yorker gets to give him a paper cut.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 01:10:57 AM »

Give him the full American treatment...a fair trial
Contradiction in terms.
Sorry to sound harsh. Grin
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 12:26:48 PM »

Arrest him and have an "accident" befall him in transit to court. But anyways I doubt he would ever stand trial as someone would probably kill him before he could be secured like they should have done to Saddam.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 12:33:04 PM »

The people who support him recognize only raw power.  They will never like us no matter what we do; we must humiliate him, and make them fear us deeply.

so tell me, Smarty boy! Do you want MORE terror attacks? do you want MORE people to hate not just the United States, but America and Europe as a whole?
Bin Laden will not be captured. and that's that! And IF he does get captured He'll problaly get killed on sight anyways. He is more dangerous than saddam, and unlike Hussein, Bin Laden might problaly fight to the death. Keep in mind that he is never alone.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 12:36:46 PM »

so tell me, Smarty boy! Do you want MORE terror attacks? do you want MORE people to hate not just the United States, but America and Europe as a whole?
Bin Laden will not be captured. and that's that! And IF he does get captured He'll problaly get killed on sight anyways. He is more dangerous than saddam, and unlike Hussein, Bin Laden might problaly fight to the death. Keep in mind that he is never alone.

You are ignoring the fact that many members of the religion of Islam have hated the west for many hundreds of years. People today fail to recognize this as a result of historical ignorance.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2005, 02:34:57 PM »

You are ignoring the fact that many members of the religion of Islam have hated the west for many hundreds of years. People today fail to recognize this as a result of historical ignorance.
You mean since thr crusades? this could have ended long ago. but IMO the creation of israel sparked the second crusades. Except now THE MUSLIMS are the crusaders. Another reason i sort of dislike Israel.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 02:41:33 PM »

You mean since thr crusades? this could have ended long ago. but IMO the creation of israel sparked the second crusades. Except now THE MUSLIMS are the crusaders. Another reason i sort of dislike Israel.

The muslims were warring against the west well before the crusades.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 04:21:40 PM »

Keep him in jail and make him do all sorts of stuff that is offensive to his religion.  I realize that is torture, but when people aren't afraid to die, you need to formulate a punishment worse than death.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 06:04:03 PM »

If caught, Osama should be publically executed by President Bush himself.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »

Keep him in jail and make him do all sorts of stuff that is offensive to his religion.  I realize that is torture, but when people aren't afraid to die, you need to formulate a punishment worse than death.

Osama's obviously afraid to die.  He's able to dupe other barbarian nitwits into killing themselves for him, but he's sure not giving himself up to death.  Typical of his sort.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 09:47:46 PM »

Osama's obviously afraid to die.  He's able to dupe other barbarian nitwits into killing themselves for him, but he's sure not giving himself up to death.  Typical of his sort.

You're probably right....give him nothing but pork to eat and see what he chooses.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 09:50:02 PM »

That's what I'd do, keep him in a fairly comfortable cell, but he is fed only pork. Now that'd be interesting.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2005, 10:03:23 PM »

I would suggest cutting the oxygen off to his brain for 5 minutes or so.  Leave him a drooling idiot and put him on display; have an "Osama Cam."  Show the terrorist that this is their "leader."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies