PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:57:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 45027 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 05, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »

You have my full support Senator.

What is your position on the Secret ballot Amendment? Please be detailed and don;t just give me how you voted(I already know). I voted against it in the Dirty South booth b/c I still have concerns about honesty with a secret system.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

As for honesty, if the SoFA tries something dirty, the voters will be able to complain. Such an action would be dangerous for that reason.

I'd note also that any successful fraud would require the complicity of the voter himself, the SoFA and the Attorney General all together.

I'm just a little leary of it considering recent events.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »

I am whole heartedly backing your campaign of course.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Many thanks to all those who have announced their support so far. Also, I will definitely accept your endorsement, Smid. Smiley

I would also like to say that I have already selected my running mate, though his identity remains a secret for the time being. Feel free to guess who it is in the meantime, though.

I have a pretty good idea of who you will pick so I will just guess that it will be a big surprise.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?

I respect both of them immensely. I was fine with HappyWarrior as my running mate, & would have been just as happy to have Purple State as my running mate. Purple State was my first choice mainly due to the fact that I was impressed by the speed with which he had risen to the level of political power that he currently holds.

I would like to pass bills that increase the liberty of Atlasian society. At the same time though, I will be mindful of the input of the Senators that vote on any bills that I support, to help ensure that at least some of my agenda comes to pass, even if there are parts that the Senate disagrees with me on.

what is the first bill you want to pass?

One issue that I'm interested in getting a bill passed to correct is citizen inactivity. So far I have been unimpressed with proposals I have seen to deal with this issue, so while I want to make it the first bill I pass, I cannot say for sure that it will be.

Your 1st bill is also the number one issue in my Senate campaign. I put forward a few general proposals on my Campaign page to deal with that, the first being Game Moderator reform.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?

I respect both of them immensely. I was fine with HappyWarrior as my running mate, & would have been just as happy to have Purple State as my running mate. Purple State was my first choice mainly due to the fact that I was impressed by the speed with which he had risen to the level of political power that he currently holds.

I would like to pass bills that increase the liberty of Atlasian society. At the same time though, I will be mindful of the input of the Senators that vote on any bills that I support, to help ensure that at least some of my agenda comes to pass, even if there are parts that the Senate disagrees with me on.

One issue that I'm interested in getting a bill passed to correct is citizen inactivity. So far I have been unimpressed with proposals I have seen to deal with this issue, so while I want to make it the first bill I pass, I cannot say for sure that it will be.

Your 1st bill is also the number one issue in my Senate campaign. I put forward a few general proposals on my Campaign page to deal with that, the first being Game Moderator reform.

I know. If you come up with an idea for a bill to deal with voter inactivity that I think will work, I would be glad to support it, 100%.

I also like your suggestion for the GM. Also maybe put into place a mandatory minimum activity requirement. Say, put out something at least once every two weeks or be shown the door, unless the GM gives a good reason for not being able to update it on time.

I was thinking of something like having a boilerplate contract updated weekly by having the GM fill in the blanks. At least on the economic front we could get a lot of the needed info that way. It won't do much for foriegn events though. But most legislation is domestically oriented anyway and the economic condition can then be used in races and lead to various bills to address it. Guarrenteed activity. Of course the other option is just to pump Ebowed full of steriods and see if that has any effect Cheesy , Just kidding of course Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »

I've read through all this and, with all due respect, it's not clear why you're running. Have you got a platform or goals for your prospective term of office? In other words, are you running just to win an election and so seeking to emulate the Presidencies of Keystone Phil and the current incumbent?

I seek to make progress on two fronts in particular as President.

For one, I want to help push legislation to increase voter activity & enact other forms of forum affairs reform. I must say I was inspired to do so not too long ago. I knew that I had some idea that things needed fixing, but I really didn't know how exactly to do it. However, the recent involvement & contribution of several newbies, most recently Vepres, made me realize that maybe a more active voter base in Atlasia is not a pipe dream.

Another thing I would like to do is increase the liberty of Atlasian society. While that may seem vague, I am particularly keen on removing laws that I view as unjust & liberalizing our policies in all areas of the body politic. For an example of what I mean, see my recent work on the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act.

I've read through all this and, with all due respect, it's not clear why you're running. Have you got a platform or goals for your prospective term of office? In other words, are you running just to win an election and so seeking to emulate the Presidencies of Keystone Phil and the current incumbent?

oh i told him to run. We want fun so we need people to run. duh. Also he wants to step up to the plate and make a home run. hehe

I was thinking about running before you suggested it (though your suggestion definitely pushed me towards doing so).

To think that DC united encouraged someone to run for President with a great chance of winning. Just a few months a ago she was considered a nuisance now she is one of the movers and shakers of Atlasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »

PiT,

I know. If you come up with an idea for a bill to deal with voter inactivity that I think will work, I would be glad to support it, 100%.

I also like your suggestion for the GM. Also maybe put into place a mandatory minimum activity requirement. Say, put out something at least once every two weeks or be shown the door, unless the GM gives a good reason for not being able to update it on time.

I was thinking of something like having a boilerplate contract updated weekly by having the GM fill in the blanks. At least on the economic front we could get a lot of the needed info that way. It won't do much for foriegn events though. But most legislation is domestically oriented anyway and the economic condition can then be used in races and lead to various bills to address it. Guarrenteed activity. Of course the other option is just to pump Ebowed full of steriods and see if that has any effect Cheesy , Just kidding of course Wink

I'll try to think of a bill along those lines. Of course if I come up with one sooner rather than later, I'll be sure that you get credit for the idea. Tongue

I could not care less who gets credit for this. I have been hoping that you, Franzl or PS would beat to this cause the sooner its resolved the better for Atlasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.

Roll Eyes

Please, reply to my PM if you want to trash talk. The campaign thread is not for this.

I simply find holier than thou, how dareth thee, rhetoric repulsive. That's all.

If you didn't like his PM why didn't you just PM him back expressing your anger and not bring it on here and pollute this thread with that sort of nonsense. My suggestion would be to either drop it or continue it via PM, and I would suggest the last three post be deleted as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

I extend thanks to my colleague/opponent's running mate Senator Bacon King for noticing the flaw with the Free Communications Bill. I would like to point out that I have suggested a draft of a new Free Communications Bill to correct for this flaw.

Furthermore, in commitment to my earlier stated platform position, I would like to pass a bill that would offer incentives to other countries in exchange for taking similar measures to abolish censorship in their news media as well.
     I extend thanks to my colleague/opponent's running mate Senator Bacon King for noticing the flaw with the Free Communications Bill. I would like to point out that I have suggested a draft of a new Free Communications Bill to correct for this flaw.

Furthermore, in commitment to my earlier stated platform position, I would like to pass a bill that would offer incentives to other countries in exchange for taking similar measures to abolish censorship in their news media as well.

Could you explain what type of incentives and just what your definition of censorship is? Will there be any enforcement or is this another one of those " Kim Jong Ill gets the dough and we get sh**t on type deals". 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »

You still have my support of course but next time consider us on the east coast when you time things
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 08:56:05 PM »

Due to popular demand, here is the ticket's platform:

Regional and At-Large Senate Seats

We would like to voice our support for the continuation of the status quo of a split between regional and at-large seats as an important check between regional and national interests.

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Assisted Suicide

We believe it to be the right of all terminally ill persons to seek a quick, painless end to their suffering.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

Executive Officers

We support the codification of the roles of all executive officers, along the lines of the current bill to codify the role of the Secretary of External Affairs.

Game Manager

We believe that the GM should be accountable to both the legislative & executive branches, as the proper function of the position is of great help to both the President and the Senate.

Gay Marriage

We are happy with the current situation whereby heterosexual and homosexual couples have both attained equal recognition through civil unions.

Adoption

We believe it is the right of all couples who are capable of raising children adequately to be able to adopt and foster children, regardless of the parents' sexual orientation.

Assisted Suicide

We believe it to be the right of all terminally ill persons to seek a quick, painless end to their suffering.

Service in the Military

We support the right of all persons, regardless of sex or sexuality, to serve in any capacity in the military that they are capable of discharging adequately.

Once was bad enough but did you have to list assisted suicide twice. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies