Kevin McCarthy comes out against bipartisan Jan. 6 commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:08:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kevin McCarthy comes out against bipartisan Jan. 6 commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy comes out against bipartisan Jan. 6 commission  (Read 8019 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: May 18, 2021, 09:17:18 AM »

Why should Congress even waste their time investigating the events of January 6, when it is clear that Republicans have no interest whatsoever in actually taking measures to address what caused them in the first place? Particularly since the vast majority of them refused to punish Trump for those events? And especially after they ousted Liz Cheney for her refusal to worship at Trump's altar?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »

No Young Kim or Michelle Steel. The Dems need to aggressively target them in the midterms.

And no Nancy Mace. She has turned out to be an immense disappointment, after appearing to be a more reasonable Republican in the immediate aftermath of the riots.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »

By the way, maybe it's just my hate-crush for her that made me notice this, but I'm surprised Mace wasn't among the 35 voting for the commission. It would have been an easy layup for her to reinforce the "reasonable Republican" image she's tried to cultivate and even fooled me with for a bit, especially when I saw some of her interviews on the day of the insurrection. She's probably relying on the old "there is nothing new to learn and we shouldn't be antagonizing Trump supporters" cop-out. Coward!

Pretty much, yeah:

Oh, honey...

As I said the other day, Mace has turned out to be an immense disappointment.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 07:24:00 PM »

By the way, maybe it's just my hate-crush for her that made me notice this, but I'm surprised Mace wasn't among the 35 voting for the commission. It would have been an easy layup for her to reinforce the "reasonable Republican" image she's tried to cultivate and even fooled me with for a bit, especially when I saw some of her interviews on the day of the insurrection. She's probably relying on the old "there is nothing new to learn and we shouldn't be antagonizing Trump supporters" cop-out. Coward!

Pretty much, yeah:

Oh, honey...

As I said the other day, Mace has turned out to be an immense disappointment.

I felt exactly the same way. I used to think in the immediate aftermath of the insurrection too that she was one of the lesser downgrades from districts that flipped GOP, but clearly I was wrong.

Mace has turned out to be significantly worse than Cunningham. It's clear that this woman has ambitions for higher office-perhaps for Senate or for Governor-and is positioning herself for such a run. That also explains the actions which have been taken by Elise Stefanik. Congressional Republicans-and Republicans at the statewide level-seem to believe that they cannot disengage themselves from Trump if they wish to seek further advancement in their careers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies