Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:45:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread  (Read 53743 times)
Hydera

« on: November 01, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »

Can't be worse than that guy on the other thread who put "51% Conway 49% Bevin"
Hydera

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 05:08:51 PM »

Something to note, initially I thought curtis would take right-leaning independents as with most independents and libertarian candidates do nowadays.

Reading twitter, the supporters of Drew Curtis arent rightleaning independents but a lot of them are actually leftish protest voters. Curtis's campaign is going to hurt Conway more than it does Bevin's.
Hydera

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:50:37 PM »

Bevin might want to think Kim Davis for causing evangelicals who weren't planning to vote this year, to turn out this election.
Hydera

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:02:11 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2015, 10:07:34 PM by Hydera »

What happened?

Clinton and Obama are so unpopular in Kentucky that even a Republican on the far edge of the sanity scale was able to trounce a moderate Democrat by 9%.

Bevin is the same Republican who refused to endorse McConnell after getting trounced in the 2014 primary (if I recollect accurately).

If I were a Democrat, I wouldn't feel good except for the State House of Representatives not being up for election this year.

Kim Davis might of energized a lot of evaneglicals who didnt plan on turning out. To actually vote to spite back as revenge at the marriage license drama.

Plus, For a region that actually was strong for the democrats historically(Nixon was tied and Mondale actually won it in 1984), the feeling of betrayal by the Coal country in Eastern kentucky was the thing that caused Conway to lose. Otherwise had that region never keep shifting away, conway might of actually won barely tonight.
Hydera

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »

"@joesonka: Democratic Sen. Ray Jones on KET saying that Kentucky Democrats don't criticize Barack Obama enough."

This is a glorious march towards extinction.

Maybe Democrats should invest more in their state parties instead of patting themselves on the back for an Electoral College advantage and openly ridiculing the lifestyles of huge segments of the populations.  Despite calls that the RNC has shifted way right, it's perfectly comfortable running socially liberal candidates in places like MA and IL; I think most Dems feel they're "past" needing social conservatives, and that's just wrong if they want to keep governors' mansions and win back legislatures.

What are you talking about? Conway pandered to the right virtually every step of the way.

I seriously hope the people on this board don't keep buying into the delusion of "If we just transported a genuine liberal democrat to run then he'd obviously Win!!!/Do much better!!!

Yes the moderate candidate lost, but not as much had the dems just ran a generic progressive.
Hydera

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 06:50:26 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 11:51:11 AM by Hydera »

So what should we call the now rump Kentucky democratic base?  The Licking River belt?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies