IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81435 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 17, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »

Lipinski sucks and should've been taken out a long time ago. This is a safe D district, there's no need for a blue dog. Good for Gillibrand.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »

To be fair, Justice Democrats endorsed around the time Gillibrand did.

Newman was a Justice Democrat even before the Gillibrand endorsement.

But Gillibrand has no following, is a nobody in the national stage with little name recognition. Her endorsement means nothing.

Sanders on the other hand won IL-03 vs Hillary Clinton. Gillibrand endorsing or not endorsing is nowhere the same as a Sanders endorsement !
Literally no one took her challenge seriously until Gillibrand endorsed her. You are delusional.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »

I fully agree with you. And as you can see elsewhere on this thread, it seems as if people jump on you if you try to call for moderation and for greater bipartisanship. All that we say also applies to the Republican Party as well. I honestly believe our country would be better off if we had more politicians in the mold of Manchin and Collins, rather than extremists like Cruz and Harris.
I’m just seeing this now...

You think Kamala Harris, the former prosecutor who didn’t lift a finger to prosecute Steve Mnuchin, is an extremist on par with Ted Cruz, who thinks that women who seek abortions should be arrested.

Wow.

I think that many of her social views are way out of left field, particularly those on immigration.
Literally the majority of Americans agree with her stance on DACA and so did the Republican president before his right wing ideologue and neo-nazi lite adviser Stephen Miller got in his ear.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 02:43:55 PM »

Lipinski is done

We will see what happens. It will be a shame if one of the few pro-life anti-choice Democrats remaining in Congress is drummed out.
FTFY. Smiley
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »

As if to be pro-life is a bad thing? No wonder there are single-issue voters who won't give the Democrats the light of day for views such as this.
I didn't say it was or wasn't. Just call it by the correct name. ANTI-CHOICE. Smiley
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:59:53 PM »

You're not necessarily a homophobe just by opposing gay marriage. And for me, it's perfectly reasonable if you still don't support it personally, while at the same time accepting that Obergefell is the law of the land.
Holy hell you are a terrible human being
This is Dems' problem today. If you ever disagree with them, you're "a terrible human being". Totalitarian.

You are correct. And that is why I have hoped for Lipinski's victory throughout, because this kind of absolutism on the issues is poisonous to democracy.
I'm pro-choice myself, but this kind of SJW litmus-test nonsense is the reason why Dems keep losing swing voters.
LOL. Because asking politicians to stay out of women's wombs is sooooo authoritarian and an affront to democracy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 09:06:11 PM »

I really don't understand all of you crossover Bernie/Lipinski people. They're literally as far apart as you can get. Literally the only thing in common is that they're white guys. There's nothing else there.
Nail. Head.

Smiley
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »

I was far too young to be politically aware in 06/08 so correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems reminiscent of Wynn/Edwards in MD-04 back in the day (or at least has the potential to be). An entrenched incumbent with views generally more conservative than their safe D district (I.e. Wynn supporting the Iraq War, estate tax repeal, Bush energy policy, etc) gets the first serious challenge of their career from a progressive insurgent and manages to hold on by the skin of their teeth (Wynn won the '06 D primary 49.7-46.4), but then goes on to get blown out the next cycle after demonstrating their weakness and vulnerability (Edwards beat Wynn 60-36 in '08). I do think a candidate other than Newman should run next time, someone who would perhaps be a better fit for the district, but I do think if she runs again she'll win and it won't be particularly close.
Will the presidential primary be on the ballot the same date as this primary? He's toast if so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies