Uh what is it with these Assemblies? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Uh what is it with these Assemblies? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uh what is it with these Assemblies?  (Read 2016 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 11, 2010, 02:39:43 AM »

10/16 regional Assemblymen/Representatives/Legislators are or were members of the RPP, including all five in the Mideast.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:48:18 AM »

10/16 regional Assemblymen/Representatives/Legislators are or were members of the RPP, including all five in the Mideast.

I think only three currently are though which is about proportionate to their decline in numbers.

Also there are two vacancies in the Northeast that are likely POP pick-ups.

You folks sure have lots of turnover up there. It seems like only a week ago there was a special election to fill three vacancies.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:53:41 AM »

I think only three currently are though which is about proportionate to their decline in numbers.

Also there are two vacancies in the Northeast that are likely POP pick-ups.

You folks sure have lots of turnover up there. It seems like only a week ago there was a special election to fill three vacancies.

We sure do. I think it's mostly because our competitive elections and large population (meaning lots of prominent Atlasians) mean people are constantly moving up the ladder in some way or another. Winston resigned to join the Senate, Hashemite and Barnes just became cabinet members, etc.

That tends to be the effect of regional legislative bodies. I remember that after the Mideast created its assembly, its citizens gained such a strong presence in the federal government that there was hardly anyone left to run for regional offices.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »

I agree too. If things continue with the average turnover rate, it will cost the region a fortune in elections.

So, Andrew, I'll defer to you being I'm new, how do we change it?

There was a constitutional amendment on the ballot last election to set the Assembly at 6 members.  It got soundly defeated.  The voters want a large legislature.

The voters are wrong.

I think a proportional legislature is an interesting idea, but I also think that one representative per six citizens is far too much. Maybe go with one for every ten citizens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies