Which gubernatorial races will Democrats win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:30:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which gubernatorial races will Democrats win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 19 day poll
Florida

Georgia

Iowa

Kansas

Nevada

Ohio

Oregon

Wisconsin

None of the above

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which gubernatorial races will Democrats win?  (Read 1717 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »

I haven't been following these races, to be honest. So this will be informative for me.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:17:41 AM »

FL, GA, IA, OR, WI
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:21:57 AM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 11:53:33 AM »

Unless it's an absolutely disastrous night, there's no reason why Dems would lose Oregon, or even Nevada. Laxalt is actually polling worse than Dean Heller, and Heller is not polling well at all.

Democrats are definitely favoured in Wisconsin at this point, though I can't say they will win for certain. Evers is up by a fair margin, but I don't feel like Walker can be counted out yet.

As of now, Florida has a slight edge for the Democrat, Andrew Gillum. He's actually running ahead of Nelson in the polls which is quite remarkable.

Iowa, Georgia, and Kansas are all pure tossups right now. I'm most confident in Iowa of those three states, but there just isn't much data in that or Kansas.

Kansas would probably be in the WI/FL category, but Orman is ruining everything.

Georgia is difficult thanks to the runoff rule, but that non-white turnout in the VBMs (the majority of those non-white voters didn't even vote at all 4 years ago!) looks extremely good for her.

Ohio seems to be the hardest one of these for Democrats, but this can definitely go up the list and would also best be characterized as a tossup.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »

Oregon and Nevada for sure, and they’re slightly favored in FL. The other races are Toss-ups.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 01:03:12 PM »

Oregon and Nevada.  Abrams will lose in a runoff to Kemp, and Dems will come up painfully short in all the other races.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:44:20 PM »

I voted with optimism for once:

OR, NV, WI, FL, KS, GA.

Georgia and Kansas are the most iffy, but the trends seem to suggest it.

Not sure why the state that voted by 8 for "that candidate that was barely less gaffe prone than Failey" and Trump by 10 would go over to Hubbell.

And Cordray just always loses to DeWine. Little different from IN-SEN 2016 if Baron Hill had stayed on.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 03:40:05 PM »

Unless it's an absolutely disastrous night, there's no reason why Dems would lose Oregon, or even Nevada. Laxalt is actually polling worse than Dean Heller, and Heller is not polling well at all.

Democrats are definitely favoured in Wisconsin at this point, though I can't say they will win for certain. Evers is up by a fair margin, but I don't feel like Walker can be counted out yet.

As of now, Florida has a slight edge for the Democrat, Andrew Gillum. He's actually running ahead of Nelson in the polls which is quite remarkable.

Iowa, Georgia, and Kansas are all pure tossups right now. I'm most confident in Iowa of those three states, but there just isn't much data in that or Kansas.

Kansas would probably be in the WI/FL category, but Orman is ruining everything.

Georgia is difficult thanks to the runoff rule, but that non-white turnout in the VBMs (the majority of those non-white voters didn't even vote at all 4 years ago!) looks extremely good for her.

Ohio seems to be the hardest one of these for Democrats, but this can definitely go up the list and would also best be characterized as a tossup.

I agree with this post entirely, and my guess is that Democrats will win FL, IA, KS, NV, OR, and WI, and that NV and OR don't have a realistic chance of going Republican (trigger warning for OC) except in a massive red wave.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

Voted for all but GA and KS.

I don't think OR will be close (same with MI and NM), and I see Democrats as the clear favorites in NV, FL, WI, and OH (and ME). IA is a tossup but I think Democrats will pull it out.

I actually think that Kemp is the favorite in GA even without the run-off. With Orman in the race, KS is unpredictable, but I think just enough GOP voters will vote for Kobach that he'll win.

OK, SD, and NH could also conceivably flip, but I think Republicans are favored in all three races. AZ, MD, MA, and VT seem to have fallen off the board, but I think it's conceivable that we could see a shocking upset in one of those races.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »

As of now, Oregon, and with lesser confidence, Florida, Nevada, Wisconsin and Ohio. Clueless about Iowa.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 08:30:44 PM »

Fl WI and OR. And I think we would win GA if we nominated Jimmy again.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »

Fl WI and OR. And I think we would win GA if we nominated Jimmy again.
Carter would go Bayh Bayh.

Besides, he's 90. He might die in his governorship.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »

And I think we would win GA if we nominated Jimmy again.
Roll Eyes
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »

Hillary lost GA by only like 5 Kemp will probably only win by 2-3, I have a hard time not seeing him make up that deficit.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »

FL/NV/OH/OR. I know nothing that's going on in Kansas or Iowa so can't say either way, and it's become clear that the GOP is going to do everything they can (legal or not) to retain power in GA and WI.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 11:37:54 PM »

FL/NV/OH/OR. I know nothing that's going on in Kansas or Iowa so can't say either way, and it's become clear that the GOP is going to do everything they can (legal or not) to retain power in GA and WI.

That doesn't mean the GOP will be successful, especially since Dems are very aware of the voter suppression in WI and GA.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 01:06:28 PM »

That doesn't mean the GOP will be successful, especially since Dems are very aware of the voter suppression in WI and GA.

They'd challenge, and even if lower courts ruled in their favor, it would wind up at the Supreme Court, where the outcome would be a forgone conclusion.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »

They'd challenge, and even if lower courts ruled in their favor, it would wind up at the Supreme Court, where the outcome would be a forgone conclusion.

Walker had a chance to repeal same-day voter registration but he balked at the $ cost of doing so. So he definitely hasn't been doing everything he can to cling to power.

Not to say the WIGOP hasn't implemented voter suppression, but they didn't push it nearly as far as they could have.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »

I actually believe Democrats will win ALL of those governorships.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 03:50:42 PM »

I feel pretty good about our prospects in all of these, with the only exception being GA due to the potential run-off.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »

All are tossups (except Oregon). The only ones I am somewhat confident in saying that the Democrat will most likely win are Florida and Oregon.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:21 AM »

According to RealClearPolitics, if Election Day were today, Democrats would win FL, IA, OH, OR, and WI.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »

IL, WI, MI, ME, NM will flip FL, IA, OH, KS, GA are tossups
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »

I think Dems are favored in all but Georgia and Kansas. Georgia is too unpredictable to characterize as leaning either way. Kansas is fool's gold.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »

WI and IA might surprise us all, but we'll see.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies