NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:00:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook  (Read 3393 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: January 11, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »

Can't do anything but applaud a surge in NRA membership, even though this one is motivated primarily by fear.
The number is going to grow even more thanks to good ol' Joe Biden, talking about Obama using executive order to bring new gun control laws. If Obama even TRIES to do this, there are going to be mass protests, and all the power to them. If the democrats want the NRA to have less influence, then they have to go through congress.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:16 PM »

I'm saying just the mention of this is enough to get some people to join. If he does anything, even something very minor, without going through congress, then there is going to be backlash.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »

What policy do you want to debate? I've not seen many arguments from the pro-gun side, to be honest, except for the "Yay 2nd amendment!" line.

I've never been convinced that any problem guns "solve" wasn't created by them in the first place.
Hey, you're right guns being created was what started this problem. But as long as there are guns in this world no matter what the government tries to do, criminals will find a way to get guns, and, if no law abiding citizens are armed, it just makes it that much easier for criminals. Here in Vermont we have the most lax gun laws anywhere, and you know what? We have some of the lowest crime rates in the U.S. (I think second lowest next to North Dakota) Most people who own guns aren't these insane people who shoot innocent children.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies