AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:59:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice  (Read 19289 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: February 13, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

Every calculation to convict was a political calculation, because that's the only way Republicans think, so I'm fairly certain that Murkowski still feels comfortable in her position to win re-election next year. Oh sure, maybe it was in fact her conscience taking priority, but I am not willing to concede that about any Republican anymore.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 06:11:06 PM »

This should be an interesting race because I want to assume that Murkowski knows what she's doing and still knows how to win, but I also don't want to underestimate the power of Trump spite and the reciprocation by his hive-minded hoard in a state he won.

The best case scenario would be a repeat of 2010 but with the conservative vote split and allowing a Democrat to win. This would be a positive development, so obviously that means it's very unlikely.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 06:09:18 PM »

Dems need to make it very clear to Murkowski that if she votes for DC statehood and voting rights, they'll back her reelection, otherwise it's 3rd place for her.

Nah. Let's just pull a Manchin and abandon any leverage we could have had.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 06:20:14 PM »

Murkowski has a home in the Democratic Party if she wants it.

This would be the most begrudging welcoming possible. Let's not forget how useless she's been on judicial appointments (remember how she went along with McConnell blocking Garland), the voting rights bill, and more.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 06:29:56 PM »

Murkowski has a home in the Democratic Party if she wants it.

This would be the most begrudging welcoming possible. Let's not forget how useless she's been on judicial appointments (remember how she went along with McConnell blocking Garland), the voting rights bill, and more.

Huh

IIRC, didn't she meet with Garland & call for a hearing & vote? It's not her fault that Senate discharge petitions don't exist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/us/politics/2-republican-senators-revoke-support-for-garland-hearings.html
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 05:47:24 PM »

Palin teasing a run

One of the dumbest people in American politics.

She was possibly the forerunner in accelerating the party's descent into ignorance. The irony of it all is that some of the people responsible for bringing her to the public light have now left the Republican Party due to what it's become. I'm not entirely sure that they're aware of their responsibility in that though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 05:49:39 PM »

Palin teasing a run

One of the dumbest people in American politics.

She was possibly the forerunner in accelerating the party's descent into ignorance. The irony of it all is that some of the people responsible for bringing her to the public light have now left the Republican Party due to what it's become. I'm not entirely sure that they're aware of their responsibility in that though.

Palin herself was disowned by those very same people. Remember that back in 2018, when John McCain died, she was not invited to his funeral, in accordance with his wishes.

Right. That's what I was referring to, but it was too late at that point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies