Which of the following have you done at a music show/concert? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:51:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of the following have you done at a music show/concert? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following have you done at a music show/concert?
Mosh

Hardcore dance

Crowdsurf

Circle pit

Emo tremble

Floorpunch

Pogo dance

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the following have you done at a music show/concert?  (Read 970 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 23, 2021, 12:20:53 AM »

Everything but:

1.) Crowd Surfing---- def a thing in some of the bigger Metal / Punk shows I went to in the late '80s / early /90s, but since many of the Gigs were pretty cool, people would take their chance doing that move, since there had been so many serious injuries esp when people in the crowd weren't there to catch and move a brother/sister along...

2.) Floorpunch--- Not familiar with this dance move, but looks to be associated with a "Narrowcast" straight edge sort of gig?

3.) Emo Terrible--- Don't consciously recall doing this even when finally seeing my Heavy Metal Classic band Black Sabbath live for the first time around in the mid 2010's.

Honestly, seems like a weird dance move even if I still wanted to listen to a classic Goth song such as "Screaming Women With Stake Knives" back in the late '80s.

Doesn't seem like a type of move where even the most hardcore Cure fans would make, but I guess it must be a thing now?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 09:36:08 PM »

No Skanking but you include Emo Tremble & Floorpunching? Most of the time, I don't even know with these BRTD polls.

Also, isn't Circle Pit just a variation of Moshing?

Anyway, I've crowdsurfed at a Metallica show (And at one other show that escapes me, perhaps Green Day?), moshed at Slayer & Eagles of Death Metal shows & circle-pit at Flogging Molly & Sleep shows

IDK.... knowing BRTD it might be more like a Circle Jerks originated style of dancing.

People can Urban Dictionary Circle Jerk, although the first definition that pops up there is NOT what it meant back in the dayz. Wink     Interestingly enough I can imagine some Republican Avatars and Leaners attempting to reclaim the term "circle jerk" to describe the overt and pervasive Liberal and Leftist Dominance on Atlas. Smiley

I would strongly suggest that Atlas Members be extremely careful randomly googling the term at work, school, etc.... since well it could potentially lead you into places and websites which might get you in trouble within a professional work environment.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle%20jerk

So here is the band the Circle Jerks playing live in LA in 1981 a 5 minute clip. There are plenty of other live gigs available online but wanted to at least look at some of the "Old Skool" Punk style of dancing for data analysis, many of which are much longer in composition, so dive into the subject as independent researchers on your own:

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:38:07 PM »

BRTD: Almost forgot---- ran into one of my neighbors whose also a Gen-X, but was from LA and did tons of gigs back in the dayz and we talked about mosh pits and dancing and all that, but you did not mention "Stage Diving" which used to be pretty pop in both the Punk & Metal Scenes back in the days...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies