Describe a straight white male police officer who still votes Democratic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe a straight white male police officer who still votes Democratic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a straight white male police officer who still votes Democratic  (Read 1015 times)
vitoNova
United States

« on: November 19, 2022, 09:28:56 PM »

I would imagine it's a rarity.

But I would guess someone in their early-to-mid 20s who joined "the force" straight out of college, with a BA in something like sociology, psychology, or--gods forbid--criminal justice (*e-giggles*) from a traditional brick-and-mortar school.  And will probably only be a beat cop for several years, before leaving LE entirely to do something completely different, like going into academia or grad school. 

Ironically, these are probably the best coppers you would want interacting with the general American public, especially in the ghettos around the blacks.  I have zero experience working with American civilian police, but the closest parallel to what you're thinking of is, say, German Polizei.  They can crack skulls as a last resort if need be, but otherwise overall pleasant, friendly, and diplomatic public servants.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 08:07:29 PM »

I would imagine it's a rarity.

But I would guess someone in their early-to-mid 20s who joined "the force" straight out of college, with a BA in something like sociology, psychology, or--gods forbid--criminal justice (*e-giggles*) from a traditional brick-and-mortar school.  And will probably only be a beat cop for several years, before leaving LE entirely to do something completely different, like going into academia or grad school.  

Ironically, these are probably the best coppers you would want interacting with the general American public, especially in the ghettos around the blacks.  I have zero experience working with American civilian police, but the closest parallel to what you're thinking of is, say, German Polizei.  They can crack skulls as a last resort if need be, but otherwise overall pleasant, friendly, and diplomatic public servants.

I don't know why, but this stuck out to me

I would have been excellent in the ghettos.

If I chose to pursue a career in civilian LE (which I had absolutely ZERO desire to).  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies