CA-Sen: California Quake (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:23:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-Sen: California Quake (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-Sen: California Quake  (Read 48657 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »

I doubt it will be 2016-SEN, but eventually top 2 will create an R vs. R statewide race.  And I think that will lead to its repeal shortly thereafter.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »

Hopefully he gets s**t on by establishment D.C. and CA Dems. I get why they'd run him now though. Harris will win, just sacrifice Villaraigosa now, then get him out of politics. Run a solid Latino candidate (Loretta Sanchez, Becerra, Padilla, literally ANYONE else) and win Feinstein's seat in 2018 with someone who at least (somewhat) cares about substantive politics and not just his own career.

If there is only one Republican that ends up running, they will probably be the top vote getter. Harris should be able to edge out Villaraigosa for spot 2, then win the general without breaking a sweat. I think people overestimate how loyal Los Angeles County will be to Villaraigosa, particularly if Harris actively campaigns down here in the primary. Harris will have all the money.

I think Harris was the only statewide candidate who ran ads for herself in the general election down here. Perez ran ads for Controller during the primary to solidify his LA base, but lost anyway to Betty Yee, a northerner. Should work out the same way for this.

Hmmm... Harris vs. Villaraigosa 1-on-1 with 1 major GOP candidate does probably lead to a Harris vs. GOP general.  Harris vs. Villaraigosa with 2 major GOP candidats is probably a Harris vs. Villaraigosa general.  If a 3rd Dem with strong credentials gets in, time to worry about an all GOP general.

I think he is betting on a 2 Dem general and higher Hispanic turnout in 2016 vs. 2018 is drawing him in now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies