Warner or Hillary v. Frist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Warner or Hillary v. Frist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are these predictions reasonable?
Yes, both are.

Only "Warner v. Frist" is.

Only "Hillary v. Frist" is.

None are reasonable.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Warner or Hillary v. Frist  (Read 5111 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: May 22, 2005, 10:30:37 PM »

Frist would lose 96 style to Clinton, he would be absolutley shallacked against Warner
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 10:43:27 PM »

Frist would lose 96 style to Clinton, he would be absolutley shallacked against Warner

Is there a level past extreme partisan hack because if there is, that pertains to you.

Do you know what you're talking about? We're talking Bill Frist vs. Hillary Clinton. Sure Frist wouldn't be the greatest candidate but remove yourself from NY for a minute. Americans, overall, do not like Hillary Clinton. To suggest she'd win is crazy enough but saying she'd win like her husband did in 1996 is INSANE.

This is BILL FRIST .  We are talking about.  FRIST.  The guy makes Al Gore seem like the most interesting person in the world.  I have said from the start out of the Republican candidates who have the best chance of the nomination their are two I feel with a very slim chance to win.  One is Santorum and the other is Frist, who has even less of a chance than Rick.  Frist has too many (cat) skeletons in his closet, too many issues, is a complete & utter bore, that can't inspire crap & is leading something which will go over HORRIBLY with moderates (the Nuclear option).  He will get blown to bits bty pretty much anyone the Dems throw up there against him, even Hillary
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:45:11 PM »

Many more like her than like Bill Frist

Do you really believe Americans like Hillary Clinton?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 10:50:34 PM »

Is there a level past extreme partisan hack because if there is, that pertains to you.

Do you know what you're talking about? We're talking Bill Frist vs. Hillary Clinton. Sure Frist wouldn't be the greatest candidate but remove yourself from NY for a minute. Americans, overall, do not like Hillary Clinton. To suggest she'd win is crazy enough but saying she'd win like her husband did in 1996 is INSANE.

This is BILL FRIST .  We are talking about.  FRIST.  The guy makes Al Gore seem like the most interesting person in the world.  I have said from the start out of the Republican candidates who have the best chance of the nomination their are two I feel with a very slim chance to win.  One is Santorum and the other is Frist, who has even less of a chance than Rick.  Frist has too many (cat) skeletons in his closet, too many issues, is a complete & utter bore, that can't inspire crap & is leading something which will go over HORRIBLY with moderates (the Nuclear option).  He will get blown to bits bty pretty much anyone the Dems throw up there against him, even Hillary

Frist is not the type of figure that Hillary is. Your cat jokes aren't funny anymore, people wouldn't care. Gore and Kerry were bores yet they did pretty well.

Republicans can't stand Hillary and a good amount of Dems don't like her which means Hillary Clinton is very unlikely to become President of the United States.

If Frist keeps going with this Nuclear Option well he will zoom past the Hillary levels & he is just an easy target to be absolutley ripped to shreds on considering what he did to hold up & block votes on Clinton's judges.  Frist has NO SHOT, NONE, NADA, ZILCH
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 10:56:24 PM »

If Frist keeps going with this Nuclear Option well he will zoom past the Hillary levels & he is just an easy target to be absolutley ripped to shreds on considering what he did to hold up & block votes on Clinton's judges.  Frist has NO SHOT, NONE, NADA, ZILCH

Hate to break it to you but more people will probably remember HillaryCare from '94 in 2008 than Frist's nuclear option.

Umm Not quite
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 10:59:09 PM »

Do you really believe Americans like Hillary Clinton?

Id say a majority of Americans have a positive opinon of Hillary Clinton.  Unless you can prove otherwise?

Well you were the one that first said the majority are unfavorable, anyway no majority either way.  However CNN, Fox, NBC, Quinnipiac polls show  Clinton does have a positive favorability ratings (ranging from 2-something like 30 (Gallup's favorability is different than the others (with most ranging in the 5-9 range)  2003 was the last time Clinton's favorability was negative, the last time Frist's favorability was negative was an NBC poll from 3 weeks ago
Prove to me that a majority have a positive opinion.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 11:01:20 PM »

Gotta' agree with Smash here.  IF Frist actually goes Nuclear... It will be fresh on voters mind come 2008.

Not only that but if healthcare costs keep rising, Clinton's healthcare fiasco may actually work to her benefit (as hard as that might seem) because it could be portrayed as getting the governemnt involved to try to do something to help allieviate the soaring costs (something this adminstration refuses to do
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 11:06:06 PM »

I can't find any nationwide polling date for Hillary Clinton, but I seriously doubt over 50% of Americans dislike her.  Heck, something like 40% of NY Republicans approve of her.

Pollingreport.com, has data on her favorability.  Her favorbility isn't excellent, but its positive & not like Phil makes it seem & also favorability doesn't always translate.  For example Bush's favorability ratings for the mst part were better than the post Monica Clinton favorability.  However Clinton's job approval was starkly higher than Bush's.  Hillary I think is underrated.  She is a great campaigner, good speaker, granted a lot of people don't like her, but not as much as Phil & others on the right make it seem & against & utter bore like Frist who has loads of problems of his own, she would eat him alive.  Another problem I see with Frist is how close he is to the administration
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 11:09:17 PM »

Not only that but if healthcare costs keep rising, Clinton's healthcare fiasco may actually work to her benefit

I would'nt go that far.  She fell falt on her face with that one.

Probably a better way I should have said that.  My main point was I doubt the 'Hillarycare' plan will wind up hurting her much in 08 when you look at the very high medical & health costs & the Republicans refusal to do anything about it.  Things like importing drugs from Canada & barganing prices with the government, which have massive support for woulc come back Frist & the GOP in the butt if they try to make something out of Hillarycare
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 05:23:12 PM »

Hate to break it to you but more people will probably remember HillaryCare from '94 in 2008 than Frist's nuclear option.

Umm Not quite

Good argument, hack. Do you know how many people still talk about that fiasco even though it was eleven years ago?

Can you have an argument without resorting to calling people who don't see the world through Republican rose colored glasses a hack??  I explained my point later in the thread if you bothered to read that far, that the Republicans have massive problems with healthcare themselves the refusual by the adminstration to be able to get drugs from Canada (something Frist agrees with the administration on) the refusual by the administration to have the government bargain prices with the pharamcutical companies (something Frist als sgrees with the administration on) & these are things that the public OVERWELMINGLU spports (75-80% +
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 05:59:50 PM »

Can you have an argument without resorting to calling people who don't see the world through Republican rose colored glasses a hack??  I explained my point later in the thread if you bothered to read that far, that the Republicans have massive problems with healthcare themselves the refusual by the adminstration to be able to get drugs from Canada (something Frist agrees with the administration on) the refusual by the administration to have the government bargain prices with the pharamcutical companies (something Frist als sgrees with the administration on) & these are things that the public OVERWELMINGLU spports (75-80% +

Republican rosed colored glasses? Smash, most would agree that you are clearly a hack. You have pretty much stated that unless the GOP nominates McCain in 2008 than they will lose and lose by a fairly big margin. You're a hack.

Ask someone about Hillarycare. Then see if they approved of it. People remember it, Smash, and don't like it.

So once agaibn you fail to address my point about the Republican (especially someone connected to the administration as much as Frist is) problems with healthcare.   I haven't pretty much stated that unless theGOP nominates McCain they will lose & lose by alot.   Others could win & if they lose it will probably be fairly close (Roomey, Allen).  What I have said is that their are two Republicans (Santorum & Frist) which I think will have a very tough time winning in 2008.  Stop trying to pretend I am saying the GOP has no chance.  I do think the Dems have an advantage heading into the 2008 election, but I don't think they have it locked up by any stretch of the imagination even if McCain does not get the nod.  However TWO  particular candidates I just think have hardly any chance of winning.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 01:22:48 AM »

She is a moderate. She voted for Condi Rice and the Iraq war. She said something about being personally opposed to abortion.

Those three issues don't make someone a moderate.

She is closer to the center than Santorum & Frist are.
  Hillary is more liberal than her husband, but she doesn't rank in the top 10 among most liberal Dem Senators, both Frist & Santorum fit into the top 10 most conservative Republicans

Phil I have to at least give you credit for admitting Hillary is more popular than you thought she was
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 05:00:26 PM »

She is a moderate. She voted for Condi Rice and the Iraq war. She said something about being personally opposed to abortion.

Those three issues don't make someone a moderate.

Phil I have to at least give you credit for admitting Hillary is more popular than you thought she was

Give me credit for posting the poll. I'm not sure if I am sure of those numbers. 53% voting for her doesn't seem right and I'm sure that number will go way down when we get closer to 2008.

She is more popular than you think.  I'm not all that suprised by her #'s.  She is VERY POPULAR in NY and as Senator of NY has made inroads across the country  Her favorability ratings have continued to go up  (you have said you think more people don't like her than like her, but her favorability hasn't been negative in  2 years)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 01:26:45 PM »

She is more popular than you think.  I'm not all that suprised by her #'s.  She is VERY POPULAR in NY and as Senator of NY has made inroads across the country  Her favorability ratings have continued to go up  (you have said you think more people don't like her than like her, but her favorability hasn't been negative in  2 years)

NY is one thing. Last time I checked, this wasn't a race for President of the Empire State.

Point I was making is as her approval has gone up in NY, her favorability (likability) has gone up nationwide as well
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies