CT-GOV: Erin Stewart is a Horrible Speechwriter, Tactical Thinker, and Speaker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:15:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT-GOV: Erin Stewart is a Horrible Speechwriter, Tactical Thinker, and Speaker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CT-GOV: Erin Stewart is a Horrible Speechwriter, Tactical Thinker, and Speaker  (Read 1783 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »

Smolt - the CT GOP has gone hard right over the past few years. Malloy took their traditional spot as voice of the hedge funds, so they had to shift hard to angry racist suburbanites who hate teachers.

This is a bunch of dishonest crap. It’s still a very moderate party. If not, then Stewart wouldn’t be a leading candidate. Oh and keep insulting voter groups and see where it gets you, you out of touch troglodyte.

I tend to agree. IMHO - it's a Democratic party, that has gone hard left in Connecticut and many other states. So - their criteria changed, and anyone, who disagrees with them, is automatically, "hard right".... US politics is polarized to the level of complete idiocy now in both parties..

Completely disagree not much difference between Malloy and Lowell Weicker who was a Republican Senator. While there is a big difference between Weicker and Shays and the rest of republicans who are in CT. Shays endorsed Hillary while the CT GOP are enthusiastic trump voters. Even Shays voted for the assault weapon ban had a F rating from the NRA while Erin Stewart brags how she is a gun owner and said in a sit down interview “I don’t know” what my position is on an assault weapon ban. Yes I think if you defend refuse to criticize Trumps Chartlottesville comments you are hard right which is what the CT GOP chairman did and he is Stewart’s and Herbst former campaign manager and BFFS with Herbst who is also buddies with Carl Higbie who was to racist for the Trump administration. I watched the McDonaksnhearinf and a republican state rep said to McDonald “what do you and Malloy talk about at dinner b wires work”? And kept badgering him with that question. So yeah I think it’s ridicoulous that they voted against him. I disagreed with a lot of things Shays and never thought he was far right. I currently think the CT GOP is far right because they are trying to out trump each other.  If they acted like Charlie Baker or Chris Shays it would be different.

I value your opinion, but - stick to mine. Yes, Republican party moved hard right since even decade ago. But - not uniformly, and in Connecticut - less then in many other states (i already made comparison with Wisconsin or Arizona, where Republicans really march in lockstep with Trump, and someties - even try to get ahead of him). IMHO - not so in Connecticut. Yes, state party leaders usually show loyalty to national party leader (Trump, in this case), and tend to support him, if they can. It's rather natural, isn't it? Still, i don't see Connecticut Republicans as Steve Bannon heirs apparent. And right to own and bear arms is written in Constitution, you can't overturn it by will. Some reasonable restrictions - yes (but everyone has it's own understanding of what's "reasonable", and what - no), otherwise - change Constitution (we already talked about it). While i will easily agree, that last 2-time Republican candidate for governor of Connecticut (Foley, IIRC) was more conservative then Lowell Weicker (who, BTW, was elected NOT as Republican, but 3rd party candidate), i don't see him as Bannon, Trump, or Cruz-like candidate, and still think that Republican candidate this year will not be a right-wing fundie. We will see...

Foley was more conservative than Rell who actually was a moderate. Again I’m not a big fan of Rell, but I’m not implying she was a far right candidate. Rowland is the one who increases funding for UCONN which is something republicans in CT want to get rid of. The reason why people who live in CT notice the difference is because the Republican Party in this state was a moderate party 20 years ago they are no longer a moderate party. You also don’t realize how toxic the republican brand is in CT. They couldn’t even beat Denise Nappier in 2014.

I know that, and i know that generally Connecticut is, undoubtely, a Democratic state. But i don't think that i must remind you rhe results of 2016 state legislative elections - being local you know them better then i am. Sometimes a very conservative Louisiana and Alabama go Democratic, because of David Vitter and Roy Moore, sometimes Connecticut may go Republican simply because of Dan Malloy. We will see..
warandwar
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 11:06:37 AM »

The difference there is that those Republicans are both far-right  (and pervy) while Malloy is a center-right dipsh**t who's afraid to even mention raising taxes on the gold coast!
The tax burden is 6% for the rich, 12% for the middle class, and 12% for the poor in Connecticut. That's not the product of a "hard left" administration!
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 12:23:27 PM »

Smolt - the CT GOP has gone hard right over the past few years. Malloy took their traditional spot as voice of the hedge funds, so they had to shift hard to angry racist suburbanites who hate teachers.

This is a bunch of dishonest crap. It’s still a very moderate party. If not, then Stewart wouldn’t be a leading candidate. Oh and keep insulting voter groups and see where it gets you, you out of touch troglodyte.

I tend to agree. IMHO - it's a Democratic party, that has gone hard left in Connecticut and many other states. So - their criteria changed, and anyone, who disagrees with them, is automatically, "hard right".... US politics is polarized to the level of complete idiocy now in both parties..

Completely disagree not much difference between Malloy and Lowell Weicker who was a Republican Senator. While there is a big difference between Weicker and Shays and the rest of republicans who are in CT. Shays endorsed Hillary while the CT GOP are enthusiastic trump voters. Even Shays voted for the assault weapon ban had a F rating from the NRA while Erin Stewart brags how she is a gun owner and said in a sit down interview “I don’t know” what my position is on an assault weapon ban. Yes I think if you defend refuse to criticize Trumps Chartlottesville comments you are hard right which is what the CT GOP chairman did and he is Stewart’s and Herbst former campaign manager and BFFS with Herbst who is also buddies with Carl Higbie who was to racist for the Trump administration. I watched the McDonaksnhearinf and a republican state rep said to McDonald “what do you and Malloy talk about at dinner b wires work”? And kept badgering him with that question. So yeah I think it’s ridicoulous that they voted against him. I disagreed with a lot of things Shays and never thought he was far right. I currently think the CT GOP is far right because they are trying to out trump each other.  If they acted like Charlie Baker or Chris Shays it would be different.

I value your opinion, but - stick to mine. Yes, Republican party moved hard right since even decade ago. But - not uniformly, and in Connecticut - less then in many other states (i already made comparison with Wisconsin or Arizona, where Republicans really march in lockstep with Trump, and someties - even try to get ahead of him). IMHO - not so in Connecticut. Yes, state party leaders usually show loyalty to national party leader (Trump, in this case), and tend to support him, if they can. It's rather natural, isn't it? Still, i don't see Connecticut Republicans as Steve Bannon heirs apparent. And right to own and bear arms is written in Constitution, you can't overturn it by will. Some reasonable restrictions - yes (but everyone has it's own understanding of what's "reasonable", and what - no), otherwise - change Constitution (we already talked about it). While i will easily agree, that last 2-time Republican candidate for governor of Connecticut (Foley, IIRC) was more conservative then Lowell Weicker (who, BTW, was elected NOT as Republican, but 3rd party candidate), i don't see him as Bannon, Trump, or Cruz-like candidate, and still think that Republican candidate this year will not be a right-wing fundie. We will see...

Foley was more conservative than Rell who actually was a moderate. Again I’m not a big fan of Rell, but I’m not implying she was a far right candidate. Rowland is the one who increases funding for UCONN which is something republicans in CT want to get rid of. The reason why people who live in CT notice the difference is because the Republican Party in this state was a moderate party 20 years ago they are no longer a moderate party. You also don’t realize how toxic the republican brand is in CT. They couldn’t even beat Denise Nappier in 2014.

I know that, and i know that generally Connecticut is, undoubtely, a Democratic state. But i don't think that i must remind you rhe results of 2016 state legislative elections - being local you know them better then i am. Sometimes a very conservative Louisiana and Alabama go Democratic, because of David Vitter and Roy Moore, sometimes Connecticut may go Republican simply because of Dan Malloy. We will see..

I’ve never said republicans have no chance. I’ve laid out before how the republicans could win the governorship. I just think the democrats have a better chance.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »

I’ve never said republicans have no chance. I’ve laid out before how the republicans could win the governorship. I just think the democrats have a better chance.

I will abstain from prediction at least until i will see nominees in August. And may be (as i usually do) - until 1 month before Election day.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies