Will Obama's approval ratings ever be in the 60's again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Obama's approval ratings ever be in the 60's again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Will Obama's approval ratings ever be in the 60's again?  (Read 2941 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: September 28, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »

Plausible... you lot really need to think about Clinton here...

I don't think there's 40% who will never approve of what Obama does... 30%? sure, even 35%? yeah.

I doubt he'll get it this term, but if he's reelected it's plausible... surely.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:16:18 PM »

Clinton moved to the center. Obama is too egotistical for such a move. Yes, the climate is bad, but he still has himself to blame, too.

The fact that the Democrats have thrown away their chance within 2 years still dumbfounds me. While I support Bush, the fact is that the Democrats had the chance to dominate for at least a decade coming off of his unpopular reign. The libs really wasted their chance, it's amazing.

Sadly, I fear the GOP will waste their chance between Nov 2010 and 2012, too. But we will see.

More Egotistic than Clinton... seriously?

But seriously, Obama is in a very difficult spot politically.

Frankly, I think Obama wasted too much time trying to get the Reps on side. He got things done once he stopped trying to work with people whose only goal was screw him... which in turn... meant he screwed himself.

Obama's current poll weakness, I agree, is as much his own doing as anything else. But he's also shown to be pragmatic, and I think he will change tack if he needs to. In fact, I think he pretty much is.

... my view is that this is based on the perception of him that formed during the campaign. He appeared to many an aggressive liberal reformer. Which suited him politically, but that's not who he is.

He's a pragmatic moderate (maybe not in US terms, but in... you know... real terms) - in fact Hillary was probably more of a 'radical' than Obama ever was.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:07:21 AM »

It seems when Obama is out there rallying the troops (so to speak) his numbers go up.

It helps that there is still a generally positive view of him personally, that always gives more room for recovery.

Bush's numbers in the second term were toast once that positive personal rating slipped.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies