PA-SEN 2024 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:44:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SEN 2024 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-SEN 2024 megathread  (Read 22224 times)
JMT

« on: May 25, 2023, 08:59:23 PM »

I’m not that surprised that Mastriano decided not to run. When he ran for Governor in 2022, he didn’t have to give up his state senate seat. If he ran for U.S. Senate this year, he’d have to give up his seat. So why make a long shot (at best) run against Bob Casey when you could instead likely win re-election to the seat you currently hold?
JMT

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 12:16:34 PM »

Is McCormick really the best the establishment Republicans can do?

If they're dead set on nominating a phony hedge fund executive couldn't they have found one that wasn't a carpetbagger?

The carpetbagger attack hurt Oz last time and I dont see why it wont be at least partially effective this time, and McCormick is easy to paint as an elitist.

Pennsylvania is a huge state, there are tons of Republicans who are immune to both attacks. I get that someone like Fitzpatrick could never win the primary, but why isn't the establishment uniting behind someone better than McCormick?

Who else is there? I doubt any of the House Rs want to lose their seats for a probable loss, and the State Officers are running for re-election, and so that leaves McCormick.

Agreed. But, I’m a little surprised there wasn’t really an effort to recruit Guy Reschenthaler. That said, if he wanted to run for Senate, he probably would’ve ran in 2022 in an open seat (I’m actually a bit surprised he didn’t). It looks like he’s maybe instead going for House Leadership, now that he’s Deputy Whip.
JMT

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 05:05:16 PM »

JMT

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 05:58:24 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies