PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:46:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 285800 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 15, 2021, 07:23:39 PM »

See they've already begun messaging against Fetterman to paint him as an out of touch elitest.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #351 on: February 15, 2021, 07:26:22 PM »

Lol he is so low energy
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #352 on: February 15, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »

Lol Costello is cringe.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2021, 07:29:39 PM »

Ready to see him get 5% in the primary.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »

See they've already begun messaging against Fetterman to paint him as an out of touch elitest.

Are you really going to tell me with a straight face that the first guy is more in touch with the average Pennsylvanian or whatever? Costello could win but it won't be because he successfully paints Fetterman as a coastal elitist lol
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #355 on: February 15, 2021, 07:41:11 PM »

I know that Wawa is a staple of Pennsylvania but is Costello's entire campaign going to be nothing but references to the store? How embarrassing if so.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2021, 07:58:47 PM »

AHAHHAHAHHAH

sorry
Need to laugh more

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Nobody cares about Costello, nor his silly tweets. Just like....look at them. This is a joke tweet.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #357 on: February 15, 2021, 08:04:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/RyanCostello/status/1361434448525463555?s=19

3+ hours & only 63 likes? I'm already shaking in my boots because of just how effective this messaging is proving to be.

(/s if it wasn't painfully obvious)
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #358 on: February 15, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »

3+ hours & only 63 likes? I'm already shaking in my boots because of just how effective this messaging is proving to be.

This is just a small taste of whats coming, they'll destroy the man.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #359 on: February 15, 2021, 08:12:43 PM »

Millennial Moderate type beat
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »

Remember he's still undefined, they'll be running ads in WWC communities slamming him for being pro-open borders, woke and from a rich family allowing with accusing him of dishoney in his image

Are you really going to tell me with a straight face that the first guy is more in touch with the average Pennsylvanian or whatever? Costello could win but it won't be because he successfully paints Fetterman as a coastal elitist lol
Not wearing a suit doesn't make you in touch.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »

A lobbyist dressing up as a baseball player to try and present himself as a "common man" sounds like a rejected Veep joke.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2021, 08:20:50 PM »

Remember he's still undefined, they'll be running ads in WWC communities slamming him for being pro-open borders, woke and from a rich family allowing with accusing him of dishoney in his image

Everybody on Atlas: "Fetterman has cultivated an image of somebody in touch with the concerns of WWC communities."

IBNU: "bUt He'S uNdEfInEd"
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2021, 08:46:45 PM »

Fetterman would probably lose and the Republican nominee's campaign is almost certain to be hard-hitting whether or not that happens.

However, the nominee is not going to be Costello. He is amongst the least capable to pull off a populist campaign, being an anti-Trump lobbyist who backed down from a tough electoral fight. Amongst moderate Republicans, he is lacking the union support Brian Fitzpatrick enjoys and his forays into the culture war have seemed pretty inept so far.

He may have significant appeal amongst suburban ancestral Republicans for other reasons, but that's not where this kind of rhetoric tends to bear fruit.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2021, 08:51:43 PM »

Everybody on Atlas: "Fetterman has cultivated an image of somebody in touch with the concerns of WWC communities."

He has a reputation among partisan democrats, nobody else knows who he is beyond the funny looking guy they sometimes see near tom wolf.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2021, 12:08:53 AM »

This ad is just so weird. Like it’s just the two pictures and it looks like the captions got swapped. Like seriously even the word play works better in reverse. Common Man Fetterman vs Coastal Elite Costello.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2021, 03:09:38 AM »

I won't understand America if Costello wins this race...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2021, 06:45:13 AM »

Lol Fetterman will win this race, even if Rs take Gov race, Fetterman does well in Western PA like Bob Casey
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2021, 08:26:27 AM »

He has a reputation among partisan democrats, nobody else knows who he is beyond the funny looking guy they sometimes see near tom wolf.

And who exactly knows who Ryan Costello is besides his former constituents, who sent him running in fear into a lobbying job?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »

This ad is just so weird. Like it’s just the two pictures and it looks like the captions got swapped. Like seriously even the word play works better in reverse. Common Man Fetterman vs Coastal Elite Costello.

The entire point of this ad is to align Costello with Wawa (staple of southeastern PA/most of NJ) and align Fetterman with Sheetz (staple of western PA) to damage Fetterman in the Philadelphia suburbs. The fonts/branding used are the fonts/branding of the respective stores. It's a pretty toothless and overall dumb idea.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2021, 09:49:31 AM »

I know this is pretty superficial, but is it just me or does Costello have a very dopey-looking facial expression in almost every picture he’s in?
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2021, 10:17:50 AM »

Not wearing a suit doesn't make you in touch.

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna trust someone named LiberalHack to have really astute opinions on working class aesthetics.

But, Ryan Costello is not gonna be the GOP nominee anyway lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2021, 10:19:50 AM »

The entire point of this ad is to align Costello with Wawa (staple of southeastern PA/most of NJ) and align Fetterman with Sheetz (staple of western PA) to damage Fetterman in the Philadelphia suburbs. The fonts/branding used are the fonts/branding of the respective stores. It's a pretty toothless and overall dumb idea.

Pollster is correct on all levels.

As someone who is from SEPA/Philly burbs/Philly, this ad is just embarrassing and so cringe. But it's Costello, who used to be my rep back home before redistricting, and he's always been that way. He's the worst (+ Pat Toomey)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2021, 10:42:58 AM »

Wawa is superior to Sheetz. They have better sandwiches and coffee selections. But Fetterman is the better man.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2021, 11:15:17 AM »

Wawa is superior to Sheetz. They have better sandwiches and coffee selections. But Fetterman is the better man.

and if anything, people here know how to spot a cringe moment when they see one. And I'm pretty sure most people see right thru Costello
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies