War between Iran and Israel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:42:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  War between Iran and Israel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: War between Iran and Israel  (Read 5503 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 10, 2008, 12:04:27 AM »

Prediction again:

Israel instigates attack against Iran.  US stupidly backs Israel, long war ensues.  Gigantic anti-Semetic backlash in the US.  Entire Middle East gangs together, Israel either scaled back drastically or does not exist.

Certainly a possibility, although my prediction (naive 15 year old that I am Wink), goes something like this:

Iran launches attack against Israel, full scale warfare.  US quickly joins Israel, launches massive bombing campaign against Iran, targeting mostly civilians.  Iraq makes a pathetic attempt to help Iran, makes no difference.  Most of the Middle East stays neutral, except for Lebanon on the Iranian side.  After several years of devastating warfare for all sides, the Iranians overthrow the Government, creating a less theocratic democracy, while the US increases aid to Israel, to help it recover, and the Israeli government becomes even more hardline against neighboring countries.

what the hell is up with you and trying to kill innocent civilians? You are straight up talking like a terrorist.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 01:34:07 AM »

Actually there is a slight chance that Iraq would support Iran in such a war. Remember Iraq is majority shia but was ruled by a sunni dictator(saddam) for the last few decades. The tables have definitely turned now.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »

Afghanistan and Iraq are merely launching platforms for attacks against Iran. Why do you think the US wants bases in Iraq? Certainly not for the scenery, weather or to protect the tourist industry.

well, one can only hope, because using Iraq as a launching pad was always my goal for invading Iraq:

I supported this current invasion into Iraq because I thought it was a stepping stone into Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran.  I never would have supported it knowing Iraq was the first and last stop on the tour.

and

If I were Pres, I would have played hit and run all through the middle east...in the followinig order:

1) Iraq
2) Iran
3) Syria

I wouldn't have tried to establish Democracy, I simply would have destroyed all their armies.

---

I vote "No", not in the way Bush did it, and not with Bush's intentions of trying to establish Democracy in Iraq.  I simply would have knocked their jocks in the dirt and let them pick up the pieces.

...and I supported the invasion of Iraq in 2002, months before it happened, because I believed the stories I was reading about Bush's intentions:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You sir are a true fascist.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »

I know convinced due to today's spike Israel is responsible for high gas prices, yet we keep supporting these bastards

something tells me you three have a lot in common

Yeah we put the interests of America before Israel.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »

To kick start Armageddon?  Because the Jews told us to?  Imperialsim?  Bush has a hard on for war?  The defense industry is tricking us?

Neocon fascists. Also the defense industry does need government help from time to time but I would think Iraq accomplished that. And no it is not the Jews fault.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies