Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:32:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread  (Read 18874 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:48:59 PM »

Just came back from caucus. I live in a small precinct and we had 24 people show up. Other precincts had 40-50 people, and the school we were at had hundreds. The multi-purpose room was packed, so they moved half the people to the gym. It was crazy, but overwhelmingly Obama. Our precinct only had 3 Clinton, and we ended up choosing all our delegates for Obama.

Obama landslide!
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »

My caucus (which was really packed in a moderate area) was in the Cougar Mountain area (South Bellevue/Issaquah) with people from some very high incomes on the hill or living on Lake Sammamish. My precinct was a mix of ultra-wealthy and elderly Obama supporters along with some middle-income Obama supporters. In other precincts (again very wealthy) it appeared to be Obama landslides throughout. My area has very few youth; mostly elderly/soccer moms, and Obama was winning overwhelmingly.

ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »

Hmm, could Washington have a Colorado/Minnesota type blowout?

could be even better, though most likely would be around that area.
Many of my friends are now delegates! I just wish I had been able to attend, apparently my caucus location went from about 85 people in 2004 to aroudn 180 this year.

Where are you? My caucus had like 300 people at least (how many people can you fit in an elementary school multi-purpose room shoulder to shoulder?) I wish I could vote... a lot of my friends came even though they are all underage.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »

What might have happened in Garfield county is this:

Some precincts only have 1 delegate. Today one precinct had one voter, and one delegate, but the voter didn't want to bother with the process, so that delegate basically disappeared (these are precinct level delegates, not national ones). If there weren't any voters, or the voters were too lazy to select delegates, it is possible that heavily Republican, and sparsely populated Garfield just had 1 delegate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies