Ok, I have no idea what happened last night (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:14:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ok, I have no idea what happened last night (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ok, I have no idea what happened last night  (Read 2607 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: February 28, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »

From what I understand, he stepped out because he did not feel he legitamitly won. He felt that States' vote should have been counted, and counting it would have resulted in a tie with Al, and I think he would have lost that tie. He did not want to accept a position he did not feel he earned.

Well, he did also say that he had never wanted to be President, if I recall correctly.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 05:05:48 PM »

Hmmm...Lewis never told be he didn't want to be president, either....wow--I would've never campaigned for him if I'd known that...

Well, gee, maybe you should have found that stuff out before the left pushed him on us.

I don't really think you can blame his supporters for not knowing that he didn't want to be president.  Generally, when someone runs for president and does some campaigning, the idea that he actually doesn't want the position tends not to cross people's minds.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »

Hmmm...Lewis never told be he didn't want to be president, either....wow--I would've never campaigned for him if I'd known that...

Well, gee, maybe you should have found that stuff out before the left pushed him on us.

I don't really think you can blame his supporters for not knowing that he didn't want to be president.  Generally, when someone runs for president and does some campaigning, the idea that he actually doesn't want the position tends not to cross people's minds.

I certainly can.  Obviously they were less concerned with figuring out who their candidate really was then they were with running someone against KEmp, who should have been a resonably acceptable choice for most people.

Um, Lewis never once gave any hint during the campaign that he didn't want to be president.  How do you know that KEmperor wanted to be president?  He campaigned less than Lewis did; did you ever question that he wanted to be president?

If not, then why would Lewis supporters be any different?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 06:02:54 PM »

Look, regardless of what the truth is, is all this really necessary?  I'm really getting tired of the massive amount of suspicion and finger-pointing that has abounded, and I have the feeling that I'm not alone.  It's not healthy.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 06:18:01 PM »

HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT? wtf is going on on this forum?

In brief...

- Lewis posted that if every vote had been counted, Al would have won; therefore, Lewis conceded the election to Al even though the former was the winner.  Lewis also said that he had never wanted to be president.

- Lewis said that he wanted to be Al's SoFA and Al hinted that he would allow him to be.

- Conspiracy theories have come up that there was a coordinated effort between Lewis and Al to make Al president and Lewis the SoFA.

- Suspicion and distrust continue to get worse and worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies