COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 538850 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: July 29, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »

Good lord. Some of you have absolutely lost your minds.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 09:49:34 PM »

CDC document warns Delta variant appears to spread as easily as chickenpox and cause more severe infection

The fearmongering from these Keystone Kops never ends, does it?

…what?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 11:32:36 AM »

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/grim-milestone-florida-sets-new-record-for-covid-19-hospitalizations-as-variant-cases-surge/

Hard to believe there are still R hacks on here excited about "Ron DeSantis 2024". This guy has failed in just about every respect.

“How Ron DeSantis won the pandemic.”
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 04:33:48 PM »

The NYTimes and Google graphs of Florida's cases and deaths are turning linear...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 12:44:15 PM »

Just curious…

Any vaccinated people starting wearing masks again when going out?  Any choosing not to mask up?

I wear them pretty much all the time now because my college requires them in all facilities.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 09:14:12 AM »

They say that Covid won't be Eradicated completely even by 2024/ we will still be in masks and social distancing, this is our future

Nope.

COVID was probably never going to be completely eradicated, but nobody is putting up with this for that long. They barely do now.

I went to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati yesterday, and everyone was packed together with no masks. People even packed onto the streetcar with no masks, even though the streetcar claims to require them.

The fact that you're constantly cheering this on in this thread is a little odd. We get it, you're sick of COVID. Give it a rest.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 09:29:24 AM »

They say that Covid won't be Eradicated completely even by 2024/ we will still be in masks and social distancing, this is our future

Nope.

COVID was probably never going to be completely eradicated, but nobody is putting up with this for that long. They barely do now.

I went to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati yesterday, and everyone was packed together with no masks. People even packed onto the streetcar with no masks, even though the streetcar claims to require them.

The fact that you're constantly cheering this on in this thread is a little odd. We get it, you're sick of COVID. Give it a rest.

Cheering what on? I've never seen Bandit post anything anti vax so what's the problem?

I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that I was accusing him of being anti vax...

Anyways, his daily reports of people flouting Covid restrictions is what is odd to me.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 06:52:29 PM »

On every policy issue, it seems, the Democrats hold the positions that are held by a majority of Americans. But it is very difficult for them to actually implement those policies.

I always say this, but it bears repeating: Americans do tend to agree with Democrats on policy, but disagree on personality which takes precedent when it comes time to elect politicians to enact those policies. And if it's not that, it's those issues ultimately not proving to matter for whom they want to vote for. It's just another one of many sad realities we have to live with in our country.

Messaging is everything, and it's so frustrating how bad the Democrats are at it.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 04:44:02 PM »

According to the Washington Post here, Florida now has the -lowest- covid case rate in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

Yeah, a lot of MAGA twitter is celebrating this news, as if 60K people didn't perish.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »

Hurray. Now we're going to get more unhinged screaming in this thread.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 07:28:00 PM »

I'm confused as to why you all are so strung up over wearing masks. You have the freedom to do literally whatever you did pre-pandemic, yet you're all acting as if we're still living under March 2020-era lockdowns because some places want you to wear a face covering.

Do you still have a hard time breathing with it on, or something?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 10:49:37 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2022, 11:38:04 AM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Jesus, the liberal egghead outlets like NYT, Washington Post, and NPR are in full-on propaganda mode right now. They're putting out daily headlines fear-mongering about Omicron and not-so-subtly smearing the heroes that are trying to make sure school actually stays open. If these social media companies actually wanted to be consistent about their misinformation policies they would ban or at least threaten to ban these publications too. I don't want that to happen, but I'm just saying that the COVID lies go far beyond the Q people.

In a revote I think virginia would be very close between trump and biden.. considering all this hysteria

Yup. Virginia’s electoral votes will of course be awarded to Trump either way in 2024, but at this rate the GOP may win the state outright anyway.

…you do understand that Northam is still the governor? In other words, Virginia schools are staying open under a Democratic governor, a Democratic state legislature, and a Democratic president. You all really need to get a grip.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 12:26:12 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2022, 03:42:06 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

I swear, most of you act like we're still living under March 2020 era restrictions. It's a little out of touch.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 10:29:00 PM »

Trish Gunby in MO HD 99, near southwestern St. Louis County, was able to win in Nov 2020 because she was actually going out and canvassing and speaking to voters.

She wasn't hiding behind her zoom app in her bed room with a double mask and biohazard suit like most white suburban Democrats did and end up wondering why they lost their races.

?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2022, 09:28:01 AM »

Thoughts on NY's mask mandate being ruled unconstitutional?

We spent the 2010s fighting against the school-to-prison pipeline.

But the 2020s have been spent turning schools into prisons.

Masks in schools must go, and there must be accountability for those who enforced it.

What?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2022, 03:55:44 PM »

Some of you seriously need to be muted from this thread... permanently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies