What will you do after the Rapture? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:59:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What will you do after the Rapture? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will you do after the Rapture?  (Read 37088 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: July 25, 2005, 08:49:06 PM »

Bono I see you are bringing up more of that Calvinist T.U.L.I.P. garbage again.

The only modern day "preacher" I can think of who advocates that crap is Fred Phelps.

The Calvinist Church advocates it.

There is no "Calvinist Church". Presbyterianism supposedly contains it, but PCUSA is a very mainline denomination that doesn't talk about it at all.

Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, Seven Day Adventists, Christian Missionary Aliance (umm...) People, and other groups are all Calvinists.

Methodsits are Calvinists?
There has always been a great antagonism between Wesleyans and Calvinists, because Wesley was a great supporter of Arminism.

Wesley was largelyt inspired by Calvin. Compare their writtings. They are almost identical.

Hey, don't you go comparing my demonination to Calvinism.  Bono's theological leanings give me the heebie-jeebies Sad (for instance, the only thing keeping him from going on a gun rampage on a store to purse the non-believers is that he doesn't know if there are any believers in teh store Tongue)

Anyway, if the Rapture does happen like 'they' say it's going to, well, then why not become a Total Mega Christian?  Their interpretation of the Bible has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, so there would be no reason not to believe what they believe Smiley

Anyway, I think people are saved primarly by works, because it seems awful unfair to be sentencing Buddhist monks to hell when they're probably a good deal more...good...than anyone who has posted in this thread.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 08:03:12 AM »

Uh, declare war on God for killing so many innocent people I guess.

Since they have been raptured, they're clearly in a better place now, so why would you complain?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 05:31:15 PM »

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, I should point out Jesus himself questioned the Father on the cross:

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not." (Psalms 22:1-2)

That's not exactly what I meant. Yes, of course you can question God. Just that you'll be wrong.

Doubts and questions make one's faith stronger.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies