Homeschooled girl in Germany taken from family (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:39:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Homeschooled girl in Germany taken from family (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Freedom or Fascism?
Freedom

Fascism

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Homeschooled girl in Germany taken from family  (Read 11555 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: February 26, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »

Right. You have to attend a government-recognized school. That does not include homeschooling but does include recognized private schools, not all of which follow the government schools' curriculum (which greatly differs from state to state etc anyways) to a T.

There is a weirdly tiny evangelical minority opposed to this state of things. Mostly their problem is with sex ed. (Unlike Old Europe, I actually have heard of cases like that before, though.) Courts are pretty lenient with them... initially... they could theoretically just lock up the parents on the first offence.
There is no mainstream political sympathy for their position whatsoever (especially since there are evangelical government recognized private schools... just not everywhere.)

The Jugendamt's modern-day approach is extremely hands-off, and doesn't compare with its American equivalents. Despite repeatedly drawing medial fire whenever something bad happens to a child and the Jugendamt knew about the family. Things were very different back in the 50s and 60s though.

It's probably sanest to refuse to read the article itself - reactions like Padfoot's tell me enough about it already. (Tutoring illegal in Germany? Lol. Where'd they come up with that lie? Huh )
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »

We will, too.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »

If WorldNetDaily is so upset about illegal immigrants breaking the law when it comes to the US, why don't they hold the same standard in this case?
Because in this case they disagree with the law. Duh.

lol ^^^^^^^

Pointing out the hypocrisy, fool, because persons such as yourself (and WorldNetDaily) have no rationale for deporting all illegal immigrants other than "THEY BROKE THE LAW!!111"

Actually, I have. Don't strawman me. My rationale for wanting to deport illegal immigrants is that I don't want to be around them.
The obvious remedy is to move to a country without illegal immigrants, such as Myanmar or North Korea.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 10:30:04 AM »

The obvious remedy is to stop tolerating illegal immigration.
That's beyond the powers of the single individual.
I say if he doesn't like it here, he should lump it.
(Note: there aren't all that very many illegal immigrants in the American sense - ie undocumented ones that the government doesn't know about - in Europe, actually. Although there are some, of course.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:30 AM »

We have. With inevitable results: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/810210.stm

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:30:39 PM »

For David S to die of fright.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:33:58 AM »

Well I've posted three separate sources including one from a source Lewis asked for. Now since I am a mere mortal with a finite lifespan I prefer not to spend my remaining time looking for yet more sources. However since Lewis is immortal and has an infinite lifespan possibly he can devote a small bit of that life to finding a source which refutes the articles I posted.
I haven't asked for any news sources. Huh
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 06:44:56 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2007, 06:50:06 AM by Lewis Trondheim - Immortal since 12/16/1978 »

The claim is false anyways. Compulsory schooling (in government or government-approved schools) for ages six to fourteen (later amended upwards) has been part of the German constitution since 1920, but existed in most (all but Württemberg IIRC) long before that - in Prussia since the 18th century. It's *possible* that Hitler closed all private schools in 1938... I'd have to check that... but that's not the current situation anyways.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
End the German occupation of Germany now! Grin
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ah, well, here we have the same problem with the case we're discussing: What are Belien's sources? As Lewis said, German courts are usually pretty lenient. Which of course means that there could be exceptions from this rule...[/quote]Nobody, in Germany, is *sentenced* to a week in prison.
Such tiny sentences simply do not exist anymore, and have been completely replaced by fines, suspended sentences, suspended fines (no kidding), community work...
It is of course nonetheless possible that someone spent a week in prison. While organizing bail, say. Or because he elected not to pay his fine.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 06:49:40 AM »

If you google the girl's name you get something like 15,000 hits.
Googling "Hermann Stucher", though, gets you a grand total of three hits. He seems to be a figment of Mr Belien's imagination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies