The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:21:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 65462 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
New GM Very Active, Yet Senators Take Little Notice
By Vepres

When GM Purple State was sworn in, people from all sides of the political spectrum celebrated. For the first time in a long time, Atlasia would have an active GM. Yet, while Purple State has performed admirably thus far, few in the government seem to take any action on the news.

Take, for example, his recent report on the healthcare bill. Not one Senator commented on it despite the fact that it was one of the most important bills signed into law in the past few Senates.

Purple State said this in the news unit:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Of course, it is election season, and so the focus is on the elections, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the government must respond to the GM news or else the position is useless.

Excuse me, and just what the hell do you call this post from the other day, whistling Dixie?
Obviously if any deputy GM would be needed, it's in the economic sector. Wink

How do the healthcare numbers look?

Well I being a cynical conservative doubt that it would run a surplus, at least initially. Other then that they seem at least somewhat reasonable. It would have a positive effect on wages and employement, and even GDP cause small Businesses will expand as you say so thats correct. It would also lead to the dropping of private Health Care plans and the bankruptcy of many small insurers as you say it does. I would say Good job.

And you wanted to do it for Foriegn policy? Told you Tongue. Needs a separate position. Unfortunately most of the "experts" either aren't registered in Atlasia like Beet, Ford, Carl Hayden or have other positions already, Sam Spade. And if you are thinking about me the answer is No way in hell. Tongue

Granted it was more about PS's analysis then the Healthcare plan itself but I did comment on the "effects" of the bill as a way of showing where PS had a good analysis, so I was commenting about it indirectly. Am I not considered a Senator?

That comment you posted from PS was in response to a request for economic data from me? What he has given so far while important is too broad and too disconected from underlying factors to tell us where to go? I asked for Libor-OIS spread to see if Credit markets where tightening, and maybe the need for a direct loans to consumers and Businesses as a response, PS refused sighting he didn;t now what it is.

I then today asked for data on Consumer and Factory orders and he refuses, saying we aren't responding. I am responding god damnit, I can't introduce legislation without more specific details about the real prime economic movers like Factory orders, Consumer data, Housing and Exports. The stock market and even Unemployement is basically meaningless in addressing matters of policy. Clearly Purple State has a very limited knowledge of economics and if he is unwilling or unable to expand his knowledge on the subject I am afraid he will end up like the last two GM's, a mistake of an appointment. I wish we could have have two GM's let PS handle foriegn sh**t and give the other one to Sam Spade or somone who know economics handle the economy.

Bumping cause I added a furher response to the rest of a very pro-PS article.

I have a subconscious bias towards Purple State, isn't that obvious Tongue
He is to me as Obama is to Chris Matthews, if you will Tongue

He does have his flaws though, and I will make sure to bring them up in future articles. The point of the article was to remind Senators that they have a part in making the GM position useful.

Its like a fruit seller has apples and oranges. I come by to pick up my orange and he bites my head off cause I don't buy the apple two, and no one else has bought it yet. I right now don't need an apple and just want the orange and get very pissed and threatened to tell his boss and have him fired.

I need more specific info before I can craft my legislation. I was planning on introducing a program to offer a few billion in Gov't loans, but I wanted to see the Libor-OIS spread to see if it was worth the expense.

PS tells me he doesn't know what the Libor-OIS spread is.

The Fruit seller tells me he doesn't know what an avacodo is when I ask for one

I then ask for Consumer data, Factory orders, and Housing numbers.

I asked the fruit Seller for the orange.

He then attacks me and the whole SEnate for not responding to his crusade against Chavez

The fruit Seller then gets pissed cause I don't just buy the apple he just put on the Shelf.

I then threatened to have him Impeached

I threatened the Fruit guy with telling his boss and getting him fired.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

Well I don't think the JCPers are "people that stay", at least with newbies they may decide to get interested. And I signed up for the forum in April after following for months and only made like 12 posts until July. Once I got started here I got more active. I think that model can and will be replicated. New RPPers are certainly active across the forum regardless, so I think if you do want to attack them, you must be fair and attack the JCP voters that don't come to this board.

I'm not attacking the new members you bring in. I'm attacking the tactics you use, tactics that the JCP does not use. The JCP doesn't bring in newbies and instruct them to vote how they want.

You prove my point. You came and stayed because you were actively interested, not because you were asked to come and vote a certain way.

Yes but if I hadn't PMed him about Atlasia, would he have still came, maybe, maybe not. As I told Marokai last night I never would have joined Atlasia if PiT hadn't PMed me about it back in late November/Early December. Lately I find myself wishing I just deleted the damn thing, I almost did.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »

Ben wasn't banned unless you mean banned from holding office/voting. Other then that, he wasn't "banned" in the way we would assume one would be when using that term(like KoTBP, Straha, Ogis etc).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 10:35:10 PM »

For anyone who would like to be interviewd by the Sentinel, you may either post your interest in this thread, or privately message either Governor Vepres or myself.
Thank you,
Isaac

I would like to be interviewed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »

WE NEED MAPS!!!! Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length