Following the election results on Nov 3rd on this forum and elsewhere (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Following the election results on Nov 3rd on this forum and elsewhere (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Following the election results on Nov 3rd on this forum and elsewhere  (Read 875 times)
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:19:15 AM »

Not sure if I should have posted this message on this forum or elsewhere but in 2016 I could not access these forums at all for the election results and feedback on the results as they start trickling in.

Has anything changed for 2020? I think the server wasn't able to handle the amount of visits.

What other websites do you guys follow for election night results?

I definitely follow:
CNN exit polls
NY Times
freerepublic (for feedback on the right)
dailykos (for feedback on the left)
drudgereport
thehill
politico
this forum

ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 10:10:38 AM »

Hopefully,  you will be able to access it.

John King on CNN is great at breaking down county information and doing comparisons that give us a good sense of where things are headed or lookout for.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:57:44 AM »

I will watch CNN, as usual, and follow results pages from the states or the AP.

I might event take off the day following the election as vacation.

LoL. I thought doing the same thing! But if Trump wins, I would rather work than look at what happened. I would go right into sadness and depression about the future of our country. In 2016, when I started seeing the results go bad, I didn't want to see anymore. My excitement went away lol.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »

I watch CNN, look at 538 commentary, look at NYT and AP results, and also have a mapping tool open (I'll prolly use YAPMS this time) to see the range of potential outcomes after some places are called and just to play around with the EC map as the night goes on.

what is the link to the 538 commentary? I am not familiar with the site.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »

I will certainly NOT follow Election Night on an uber liberal Democratic Board like this unless we have 50 % self identified Republicans on Talk Elections on November 3rd.

And what I mean with Republicans is certainly not RINOS!

Roll Eyes

HAHA.  But, yes I agree. We should have more Republicans who are Trump supporters. But some of the stuff they say is just delusional and the same goes for those who believe this election will be a landslide. I don't think it will be.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »

I watch CNN, look at 538 commentary, look at NYT and AP results, and also have a mapping tool open (I'll prolly use YAPMS this time) to see the range of potential outcomes after some places are called and just to play around with the EC map as the night goes on.

what is the link to the 538 commentary? I am not familiar with the site.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/ is the main site, and is a must for election followers.  They'll start a live blog on election night that will be worth following.

Does it crash like this forum on election night? lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies