PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:52:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286191 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: January 31, 2022, 12:15:57 PM »

KENYATTA SURGE???
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1751 on: January 31, 2022, 12:17:51 PM »

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1752 on: January 31, 2022, 12:19:09 PM »

Is there any evidence at all that a Senator Lamb would act like Manchin or Sinema?

The fact that he voted to the right when his district has afforded it, and has been very duplicitous in his opposition for said issues. Not only on weed, but issues like bank reform as well. Sure, he's promised now to end the filibuster, but if we take control of the Senate again and the state trends to Trump it's enough to make me question his commitment.

At this point, we can't afford to take the risk.

Fetterman is running a bad campaign. Perhaps leftists should take responsibility for their own performances rather than blame the shadowy elites.

I prefer Kenyatta over both of the other two. But I accept that he’s unlikely to win.

Trust me - I'm very aware. I know you have your narratives about Bernie Bros, but I'm not your guy. I've been very vocal that Fetterman's lollygagging his way through the primary. Just scroll up the thread.

My issue is that the establishment is astroturfing Lamb over Kenyatta, despite his failures. I've been very vocal in this thread defending your candidate. I'm not concerned with fealty to my candidates or whatever. I'm concerned with your ideology, and Kenyatta is progressive enough. Malcolm Kenyatta is working his ass off and making all the right moves to stay competitive. I see him bringing moderates and Justice Dems together. I see a brilliant candidate from Philly itself. And I see party officials abandoning him for the awful crime of being a progressive.

The party machine is only uniting around Lamb because he is a centrist. Let's drop the "lazy campaign" stuff for a bit - the centerpiece of Lamb's campaign has been January 6th. From my view, Lamb has actively sidelined economic issues, unlike Kenyatta. Multiple internals - including the one that just dropped - have Kenyatta running even. From my view, the party is conflating centrism and fundraising with electability.

I'm not angry about my candidate not getting a fair chance. I'm angry about yours.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1753 on: January 31, 2022, 12:23:01 PM »

the centerpiece of Lamb's campaign has been January 6th. From my view, Lamb has actively sidelined economic issues,

I'm not sure this is exactly true. He's getting a ton of union endorsements.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1754 on: January 31, 2022, 12:26:35 PM »

I'm kind of shook Kenyatta is doing so well. I theoretically plan on voting for Lamb still but if Kenyatta has enough momentum I may shift. I'm between those two.

I'd obv vote for Fetterman in the general but he's far away my #3 right now.

Sad that Arkoosh couldn't get any momentum since I'm from Montco but it just isn't happening
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1755 on: January 31, 2022, 12:29:10 PM »

Fetterman is gonna win the primary and GE
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1756 on: January 31, 2022, 12:35:10 PM »

the centerpiece of Lamb's campaign has been January 6th. From my view, Lamb has actively sidelined economic issues,

I'm not sure this is exactly true. He's getting a ton of union endorsements.

Check his campaign announcement, and his actual campaign. Voting rights and democracy is his #1 issue.

Noble and all and I appreciate his advocacy, but it doesn't put food on peoples' tables.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1757 on: January 31, 2022, 12:40:11 PM »

My issue is that the establishment is astroturfing Lamb over Kenyatta, despite his failures.

But why would the establishment support a State Legislator over U.S. Congressman?
Oppo

« Reply #1758 on: January 31, 2022, 12:46:50 PM »

Data for Progress denying the internal poll claims

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1759 on: January 31, 2022, 12:49:05 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2022, 04:26:30 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

All the more baffling, considering someone from Fetterman's campaign was the one who apparently leaked the internal.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1760 on: January 31, 2022, 12:53:12 PM »

I think the DSCC is right to go to bat for Lamb, since Fetterman's running a lazy campaign. I guess that's who I endorse, although I hope he's not another Manchin/Sinema.

I don't know about anyone else but the DSCC endorsing Lamb would actively push me from "bitch about it on Atlas" to "actively encourage friends and family to vote third party".

F**k around and find out.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1761 on: January 31, 2022, 01:03:39 PM »

My issue is that the establishment is astroturfing Lamb over Kenyatta, despite his failures.

But why would the establishment support a State Legislator over U.S. Congressman?

They wouldn't. The party itself has become more credentialized and professionalized. I don't think they should be picking any winners and losers.

But if they are, I believe Kenyatta is a more trustworthy vote and has proven himself to be a very good campaigner who is running even with Lamb.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1762 on: January 31, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »

I think the DSCC is right to go to bat for Lamb, since Fetterman's running a lazy campaign. I guess that's who I endorse, although I hope he's not another Manchin/Sinema.

I don't know about anyone else but the DSCC endorsing Lamb would actively push me from "bitch about it on Atlas" to "actively encourage friends and family to vote third party".

This is very bizarrely vindictive.

Did Lamb run over your dog or something?

There is really no evidence to support the idea that Lamb would be another Manchin/Sinema, and I don't see any evidence that "the establishment" is giving him an unfair advantage.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1763 on: January 31, 2022, 01:29:05 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2022, 01:33:14 PM by Boobs »

This primary seems like it’s the outlet for the same kind of energy that dominated presidential primaries in 2016 and 2020, except for the life of me I cannot figure out why. The candidates don’t necessarily align with those camps and people (especially outside PA) are freaking out here and on twitter etc despite the overwhelming likelihood that … any of the candidates will lose? All this strange, baseless projection on what Fetterman/Lamb/Kenyatta are or how they would perform is gonna go to waste, and no one will be victorious in the ideological-aesthetic apocalyptic war for the Democrat party.

I guess people are just bored and need an outlet.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1764 on: January 31, 2022, 01:31:35 PM »

Data for Progress denying the internal poll claims

Well f--k.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1765 on: January 31, 2022, 01:42:22 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2022, 02:29:45 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

This is very bizarrely vindictive.

Did Lamb run over your dog or something?

There is really no evidence to support the idea that Lamb would be another Manchin/Sinema, and I don't see any evidence that "the establishment" is giving him an unfair advantage.

Nah. I'm just tired of serial bullsh*tters like Sinema saying one thing to get elected and doing another in office. I've seen enough bullsh*t from Lamb to where I don't trust him.

Not necessarily a Sinema/Manchin problem - I see it from people like Warner and Hassan too. Thanks to recent events in my state I'm pretty blackpilled about the state of the party and would love to be wrong. But I just don't see it.

You call it being vindictive, I call it holding Lamb (and the party trying to coronate him) accountable.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1766 on: January 31, 2022, 01:47:14 PM »

Press X for doubt, especially that Kenyatta number seems suspicious? We need at least validation from other polls.

However, if Fetterman is only barely up in an internal, it seems like he lost a great deal of momentum in recent weeks. I wonder whether some Democratic primary voters prefer Lamb because they think he's more electable, similar to chosing Biden during the 2020 primaries.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1767 on: January 31, 2022, 02:58:40 PM »

Is there any evidence at all that a Senator Lamb would act like Manchin or Sinema?

The fact that he voted to the right when his district has afforded it, and has been very duplicitous in his opposition for said issues. Not only on weed, but issues like bank reform as well. Sure, he's promised now to end the filibuster, but if we take control of the Senate again and the state trends to Trump it's enough to make me question his commitment.

At this point, we can't afford to take the risk.

Fetterman is running a bad campaign. Perhaps leftists should take responsibility for their own performances rather than blame the shadowy elites.

I prefer Kenyatta over both of the other two. But I accept that he’s unlikely to win.

Trust me - I'm very aware. I know you have your narratives about Bernie Bros, but I'm not your guy. I've been very vocal that Fetterman's lollygagging his way through the primary. Just scroll up the thread.

My issue is that the establishment is astroturfing Lamb over Kenyatta, despite his failures. I've been very vocal in this thread defending your candidate. I'm not concerned with fealty to my candidates or whatever. I'm concerned with your ideology, and Kenyatta is progressive enough. Malcolm Kenyatta is working his ass off and making all the right moves to stay competitive. I see him bringing moderates and Justice Dems together. I see a brilliant candidate from Philly itself. And I see party officials abandoning him for the awful crime of being a progressive.

The party machine is only uniting around Lamb because he is a centrist. Let's drop the "lazy campaign" stuff for a bit - the centerpiece of Lamb's campaign has been January 6th. From my view, Lamb has actively sidelined economic issues, unlike Kenyatta. Multiple internals - including the one that just dropped - have Kenyatta running even. From my view, the party is conflating centrism and fundraising with electability.

I'm not angry about my candidate not getting a fair chance. I'm angry about yours.

Great post. I was coming around to Lamb because I was worried about Kenyatta's viability, and because my chief goal here is stopping Fetterman - not for being progressive, but for being a racist, for being lazy/performative, and for being an electoral liability. But I'm ready to hop back aboard the Kenyatta train all the way.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1768 on: January 31, 2022, 03:05:42 PM »

Press X for doubt, especially that Kenyatta number seems suspicious? We need at least validation from other polls.

However, if Fetterman is only barely up in an internal, it seems like he lost a great deal of momentum in recent weeks. I wonder whether some Democratic primary voters prefer Lamb because they think he's more electable, similar to chosing Biden during the 2020 primaries.

Montgomery County is gonna be split between Lamb and Kenyatta, allowing Fetterman to win Pittsburgh he is the Favorite, some people look at polls too much
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1769 on: January 31, 2022, 03:14:19 PM »

This primary seems like it’s the outlet for the same kind of energy that dominated presidential primaries in 2016 and 2020, except for the life of me I cannot figure out why. The candidates don’t necessarily align with those camps and people (especially outside PA) are freaking out here and on twitter etc despite the overwhelming likelihood that … any of the candidates will lose? All this strange, baseless projection on what Fetterman/Lamb/Kenyatta are or how they would perform is gonna go to waste, and no one will be victorious in the ideological-aesthetic apocalyptic war for the Democrat party.

I guess people are just bored and need an outlet.

Part of it is that PA feels like literally the only semi-plausible Dem Senate pickup in 2022 (except Wisconsin even including Wisconsin) and it feels like we're gonna lose it anyway to either some unknown R or a literal snake oil salesman fraud doctor.

This race is still winnable but it feels like it's drifting further away every second literally no matter who the nominee is.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1770 on: January 31, 2022, 05:25:18 PM »

With respect, I’m pretty sure that’s just you who feels this way.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1771 on: January 31, 2022, 05:50:55 PM »

Fetterman is gonna win, the anti Fetterman candidates l needs to drop out and that is Kenyatta, we have Barnes and Cheri Beasley whom are gonna win, Rs can't smear Beasley as ultra liberal she is a judgeo

It's a whole new ballgame in NC with our new SCOTUS PICK it was Lean R, I rate it as Lean D now but Cook rates it as Tossup as well as WI
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1772 on: January 31, 2022, 06:07:09 PM »

I think Conor Lamb's campaign has sucked so far. I think he's fallen hard since his first win. He showed some promise, but he's a full democratic swamp creature now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1773 on: January 31, 2022, 06:11:22 PM »

Connor Lamb doesn't sux he is only 3 pts behind Fetterman he or Fetterman are gonna be the Nominee, just as I say with OH, NC, FL to my R colleges it's not over till Election night anything can happen just like no one thought that Hillary was going to lose WI, PA, and MI and Obama in 2008/12 was not supposed to sweep OH, FL NC and Biden was on the ballot then

We didn't win, in 2020 wave insurance seats because Trump was the incumbent, Biden is the INCUMBENT now and Civiq Approval are HOGWASH, as Pittsburgh Steel already said, with 3.9 percent unemployment
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #1774 on: January 31, 2022, 06:27:50 PM »

SINELAMCHIN INCOMING! Lol
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies