Fundamentalist sect linked to child torture
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:39:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fundamentalist sect linked to child torture
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fundamentalist sect linked to child torture  (Read 1450 times)
ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »

Hey ScottM, just wanted to say this.....when I see R-MS, I have certain instant impressions that are certainly quite negative.

But I've really enjoyed your commentary, and I'm quite pleased there are sane conservatives from your state Smiley

Well, believe me, most people around here have the same feelings about, say, New England liberals.

I always try to be thoughtful with my comments and beliefs, and I can respect anyone in whom I see the same thing - even if I don't agree with them.

Yeah I can imagine...didn't intend any disrespect with that comment.

No offense taken. I'm sorry if my reply implied any. I try not to get angry or upset over things anyway.

I was just trying to point out that I understand your meaning. The suggestion of a Vermont liberal brings up the same feelings in me. (BTW, no offense intended to any Vermont liberals.) Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »

(BTW, no offense intended to any Vermont liberals.) Smiley

It's understandable about the Vermont liberals, Scott (welcome by the way), my vision of a VT liberal is this:

ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »

(BTW, no offense intended to any Vermont liberals.) Smiley

It's understandable about the Vermont liberals, Scott (welcome by the way), my vision of a VT liberal is this:

The exact same picture that comes to my mind. Maybe not fair since he's one of the biggest nuts I've ever seen on a national stage...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 05:56:24 PM »

What a sad state of affairs.  They should be charged with murder, child abuse, and torture.  Then throw them in solitary confinement for 23 hours per day for the rest of their natural lives (with adequate medical care to prolong their lives, of course)... they'll have plenty of time to practice their faith. 
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 06:01:39 PM »

Surprise!
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »

God knows, its stuff like this that makes me wonder why I'm against the death penalty. I wouldn't shed a tear seeing them shot at dawn.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »

actually calling it a "sect" makes it sound like it some isolated group of people, when actually this is diffused through different churches and denominations. hopefully critics of this deadly fad within these churches will be able to stop these evil stupid ideas. unfortunately fundamentalists always seem to come up with new variations on the same awful theme.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 06:49:07 PM »

Thank you for that insightful remark.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:34 AM »

How exactly did the girl die (what caused her to stop breathing)?  I didn't see that.  If possible, push for 2nd degree murder, but if it was because of "punishment," they may not be able to get 2nd degree.  In that case, push for voluntary manslaughter and child abuse charges.

Here it is:

According to the authorities, forceful and numerous whippings, apparently with plumbing line, may have caused tissue breakdown so massive that Lydia's vital organs could no longer function.

So basically they beat her so much and so severely that her body just couldn't cope with it and it shut down.

As far as charging manslaughter instead of murder, I don't think that's going to fly. While they may not have intended to kill the girl, it was a foreseeable consequence and their torment of her was planned and systematic. I stress the word torment - this was torture as it went far beyond ordinary child abuse. This is a serious crime, and if a death is caused in the commission of another serious crime it can be legally considered murder.

Yeah, I didn't see that - definitely go for 2nd degree murder.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies