Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:44:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 25258 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: June 19, 2019, 02:52:19 PM »
« edited: June 19, 2019, 03:18:27 PM by Lumine »

SB series: Dumb Regulations Repeal Acts
Grading: F-
Time and time again, this series of senate bills has threatened common sense regulations with its malicious euphemism of a “dumb” law. I would gladly point out every piece of anti-worker drivel it is drenched in, but such a task would be too exhaustive on this organization. I do recommend that revisions be put in place to save the few nuggets of positive change they bring at times, which would require massive excising of the acts in question.

With the greatest of respect to the A.C.L.O, it has been extremely problematic in the Senate that debate has not taken place on bills such as this, particularly as those who are critical of these bills have failed to offer reasons, motivations or justifications, only turning up to vote against.

Congress being supposed to be a deliberative body - third time I press this point lately -, would it be so demanding for Senators or indeed for a multi-member organization such as this one to actually foster and promote debate by outlining a clearer position instead of what seems merely politically convenient?

We often press the point there isn't enough debate in the game or that sometimes there isn't proper scrutiny of stuff, and actually outlining why a given piece of legislation should not be enacted in detail would be an excellent place to start the change to the benefit of the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »

Friendly reminder there is an images policy in effect (which I've reminded of several times). I'd strongly urge to add attribution as soon as possible before enforcing more actively.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 01:52:45 AM »

No offense to those involved, but must you make Yankee's job more difficult than it already is? He's been doing a great job - and has shown remarkable restraint, particularly if you compare him to my own tenure -, and to pointlessly hurl insults (which have long since stopped being a legitimate discussion) and force him to waste his time moderating them is in poor taste.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies