Libertarian Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:41:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Libertarian Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the Libertarian nomination?
Gary Johnson
John McAfee
Austin Peterson
Darryl Perry
Marc Allen Feldman
Not a libertarian
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Libertarian Thread  (Read 7839 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: April 02, 2016, 01:58:52 AM »

I watched a bit of this.

Gary Johnson seems like such a boring, nervous weirdo.  Which is what he was in 2012.  I never got the appeal.  He also just looks droopy, maybe it's his nose.  Blah blah blah marijuana marijuana marijuana.

Austin Petersen seems like the kind of guy who spent way too much time on libertarian newsgroups and IRC rooms in high school, annoyed everyone by going on and on about the constitution and liberty in college, ran a libertarian blog out of his mom's basement and did low-level civic engagement, like wasting the time of his city council, after graduation and now ten years later still hasn't grown out of it.  So self-righteous, he's the exact stereotype of a reddit libertarian.  He also looks like a giant baby.  Blah blah blah constitution constitution constitution.

John McAfee is surprisingly cool and charismatic.  I was expecting some sort of maniac given all that I know about him.  I was surprised how polished he was, he wouldn't have been the worst guy on stage at the early major party debates.  Wikipedia says he has fewer votes than DWPERRY, humph.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »

You guys really have to nominate McAfee if you're going to be taken seriously.  Right now the two stereotypes of the libertarian party are that it's a bunch of stoners who don't understand politics and want to be unique or it's a bunch of annoying constitution know-it-alls who've read too many fringe political science books.  Johnson just embodies the former, Petersen embodies the latter, McAfee at least is refreshing and focuses the debate on civil liberties, which is an issue people are willing to listen to the libertarians about.  Nobody really cares that much about weed anyway and if Petersen is your nominee nobody will care what he has to say.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:00:16 AM »

Honestly, if Sam Sloan is running, him. I wish Carl Person would run, though.

Well, yeah, Sloan announced his switch to the Libertarian race from the Democratic race at the CA LP convention a couple of days ago. I didn't think that support for him was a real thing, though. What do you see in Sloan?

Carl Person is an interesting guy and should have gotten into the LNC debate in 2012, but Johnson hoarded too many tokens. He's getting too old (currently 79).

Woah, what the hell, Sam Sloan's getting mention on Atlas?
I know Sam Sloan from the world of chess politics.  He absolutely drowned in corruption and controversy here, which I guess is why he's in microparty politics now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies