2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California  (Read 90548 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: May 29, 2020, 05:59:11 AM »

Just a general all-encompasing term that covers all plurality, majority, majority by VAP, majority by actual voters (south valley), coalition, opportunity, and any other type of seat designed so that various minorities can access and participate in govt.

Come to think about it, considering that California is actually (narrowly) a plurality hispanic state these days, I wonder if whites would count as a minority or could ask for white majority seats and claim they are unfairly disadvantaged?

I guess that could be a way for the Republicans to try and make a comeback in the state lol
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »

While most of the discussion has been centered on what the commission may or may not draw, here is a thought I had.

Let's say that, at some point; Democrats get tired of Republican gerrymandering and abolish the commission in order to create a Dem gerrymander of California. How would such a gerrymander look like?

I assume it would be a 52-0 or 53-0 map or would there be 1-2 GOP sinks?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies