TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:22:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting  (Read 54896 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:38:48 AM »

Cornyn should be majority leader not McConnell

You might as well say Schumer at that point lol.

What do you mean ?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 11:42:30 AM »

It looks like this race along with IA, MT, and AL are starting to become locks for the GOP and CO, NH and MI are starting to become locks for the Democrats, and that the real battlegrounds will be ME, NC, AZ, and both GA seats.

Yeah, even if neither GA seats seem particularly competitive at this point.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 12:02:56 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 12:06:33 PM by Frenchrepublican »

Any majority leader is unpopular. Sure McConnell isn't losing but he is gonna underperform Trump. If Cornyn loses then the Ds gain the Senate and Schumer becomes leader.

To be honest, the issue of the unpopularity of McConnell seems to be really specific to him, even when he was the Minority leader he was already pretty unpopular (remember how he underperformed in 2008 and 2014 ?). On the other hand Reid and Schumer remained popular in their home state despite their leadership positions in Washington, I don’t think Cornyn would be necessarily unpopular in TX if he were the majority leader.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 12:22:29 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 12:29:23 PM by Frenchrepublican »

Cornyn should be majority leader not McConnell

Yeah, and even if I have nothing of personal against McConnell, I’m angry at him because of how badly he managed the 2018 elections.

Had the people at the SLF targeted Moore earlier (rather than spending millions against Mo Brooks) and done their jobs of finding controversial stories about him, Moore would have not won the nomination and Jones would have never been elected.

Then you have the WV fiasco, McConnell and the SLF should have supported Jenkins over Fat Pat, had they asked Trump to support him in the primary Jenkins would have prevailed and bye-bye Manchin

McConnell also refused that any money be spent in MT (until September) and OH, which were both very winnable.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 12:57:44 PM »

Cornyn is probably okay considering how awful the democratic field looks like

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/01/06/tzintzun-ramirez-deals-back-back-criticism-us-senate-primary/
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 08:53:25 AM »

From the Data for Progress poll, has Cornyn at 50 in the General Election. Which is OK, but not suggestive of his traditional dominating blowout victories.

Cornyn 50
Democratic candidate 42
No one 7
Would not vote 2

Should be noted that the poll has him doing 5-8 worse than Trump against the dem frontrunners (trash poll, but still).

This element should make lose every credibility to this poll, there is no way that Cornyn will underperfom Trump.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 09:12:19 AM »

This element should make lose every credibility to this poll, there is no way that Cornyn will underperfom Trump.

Early TX polls are basically just name ID checks, and Cornyn has less name ID than Trump.

This poll has Trump winning TX 54/40, at the same time Cornyn is winning 50/42, thus this poll implies that there are a significant numbers of Trump but Senate democratic candidate voters.
A such idea is silly
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 03:48:51 PM »

Lis donc un peu de littérature au lieu de dilapider tes années de fac ici. Tu t'épargnerais ainsi de telles hideurs.

Ne t’en fais pas, je m’intéresse aussi à la littérature, d’ailleurs en ce moment je lis un super bon bouquin : « Leurs enfants après eux ».
J’essaye de limiter le temps que je passe sur Atlas mais bon parfois c’est un peu compliqué quand y a des sujets qui m’intéressent
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »

Lis donc un peu de littérature au lieu de passer ta vie ici. Ainsi tu éviterais de dire de telles hideurs horreurs.
Incorrect. Chateaubriand often uses the term "hideur", and "dire" is considered inelegant in high writing style.

At any rate you aren't a spammer, so this wasn't intended for you. I apologise if you felt attacked.
We are living in the XXIth century and no one talks like that anymore.

I mean, I didn't feel attacked because I'm not Frenchrepublican. But english is simply not his maternal language. It's obvious he's going to make mistakes and he shouldn't be judged negatively because of it.

He's a goddamn spammer on these threads, that's the issue. His English is passable.

How I’m a spammer ? Because I doubt that you will have many Trump/Senate Democratic voters in Texas
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »

Lis donc un peu de littérature au lieu de passer ta vie ici. Ainsi tu éviterais de dire de telles hideurs horreurs.
Incorrect. Chateaubriand often uses the term "hideur", and "dire" is considered inelegant in high writing style.

At any rate you aren't a spammer, so this wasn't intended for you. I apologise if you felt attacked.

In modern French nobody talk like this and the word « hideur » is used for talking about a bad looking person
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies