Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:16:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 317927 times)
SCNCmod

« on: July 14, 2018, 12:40:51 AM »

Who do you think is most likely to win the General... Abrams or whoever wins the Repub primary... or does it differ depending on who win wins the runoff?

Also- do you think the Lt Gov election will have the same outcome as the Governor's race (regarding which party wins)?
SCNCmod

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 01:31:45 AM »

I think Dems certainly have chances earlier than 2026.  FWIW- The only polling data I can really find... had Abrams ahead of Kemp and mixed results vs Cagle ( or maybe Abrams ahead of Cagle & mixed vs Kemp ... can remember as I do not know much about political scene in GA)
SCNCmod

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 11:08:52 PM »

I don't know why people are already declaring Stacey Abrams as this amazing candidate, the ads against her haven't even started. It'll be interesting how she handles the impending attacks on her money issues and how voters react to it.

I remember the comment Obama made several years ago basically saying that Harris, Buttigieg, and Abrams were the standout rising stars regarding raw political talent... (imo Abrams is top of that list, followed by Buttigieg).  But Obama has that Xfactor type of talent & is probably pretty good at identifying others who have it as well.  Usually those that do have it... get better as the race get tougher- not vice versa.
SCNCmod

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »

LMAO that "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" meme really worked:

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   
Geoff Duncan   278,750   50.1%   
David Shafer   277,110   49.9   

I HATE David Shafer! This warms my heart.

Has this race been moved from Likely to Lean Republican yet?

Why? I'm just curious.. Don't know much about either..
Slimy and corrupt, had his friends make some accusations of sexual harassing a lobbyist "go away" right before the election, and thought he was owed the seat. It's obnoxious when any politician thinks they deserve a seat due to whatever crap he or she has carried out for businesses and other politicians.

The first Abrams and Kemp attacks are in. I saw the Abrams commercial a couple of times this morning getting ready for work.

That quick? wow.

Abrams ad 7/10. Very good, but not great. The ad uses Kemp's own ads against him,which is genious, and some of those still shots are hilarious. But the ad fails to really grab viewer, and the news cycle at the beginning would have been better suited at the end.

Kemp ad 3/10 Its a typical scary ad, and poor at that. The focus on Hillary is actually bad considering this is one of the few states that trended D when the whole nation trended R. They seem to not use anything else other than she is a Radical D who will raise taxes, and is funded by Nancy Pelosi, like I havent heard that before. Not creative, and rather poor.(of course this ad was made by the RNC.)

Just as a 1 time ad... The attack ad on Abrams was much better.  But, longer term- the simple "she's too liberal b/c Clinton & Pelosi support her" will go nowhere compared to "Kemp is so crazy that he could keep companies from moving to Georgia & may ruin any progress we plan to achieve in Georgia's Economy."
SCNCmod

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

Slimy and corrupt, had his friends make some accusations of sexual harassing a lobbyist "go away" right before the election, and thought he was owed the seat. It's obnoxious when any politician thinks they deserve a seat due to whatever crap he or she has carried out for businesses and other politicians.

The first Abrams and Kemp attacks are in. I saw the Abrams commercial a couple of times this morning getting ready for work.

That quick? wow.

Abrams ad 7/10. Very good, but not great. The ad uses Kemp's own ads against him,which is genious, and some of those still shots are hilarious. But the ad fails to really grab viewer, and the news cycle at the beginning would have been better suited at the end.

Kemp ad 3/10 Its a typical scary ad, and poor at that. The focus on Hillary is actually bad considering this is one of the few states that trended D when the whole nation trended R. They seem to not use anything else other than she is a Radical D who will raise taxes, and is funded by Nancy Pelosi, like I havent heard that before. Not creative, and rather poor.(of course this ad was made by the RNC.)

Just as a 1 time ad... The attack ad on Abrams was much better.  But, longer term- the simple "she's too liberal b/c Clinton & Pelosi support her" will go nowhere compared to "Kemp is so crazy that he could keep companies from moving to Georgia & may ruin any progress we plan to achieve in Georgia's Economy."
Thats what I was thinking when rating. Both ads are not that good, dont get me wrong, but Abrams has more appeal to the people she needs, and has better replay value, and as I said, some of those still shots are great.

Kemp's is good, but is overplayed, and I can see in a state with two competitive races that stuff like this is going to be thrown out a lot. It runs tiresome, and seems like a stock ad that the GOP would use.

Its a good ad, but its soo similar to many other ads. The truck ad Kemp did popped. You would remember it, and The D ad uses this remembrance by taking pieces of it and making Kemp look crazy. The GOP ad, is your typical scary ad, and those blend in rather easily.

Thats why I think the D ad was superior, but they are both average.

I could see a lot of Republican's across the country falling into a similar trap that Dem's fell into with Trump...

Republican's will focus so much on "Tying the candidate to Hillary & Pelosi" (Similar to Dems only focusing on "Trump is a horrible person") ... that they (R's) will end up being totally disconnected from real issues like an economic message... thus allowing Dems to hone in on a more substantive message that ends up winning over independents.
SCNCmod

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 02:19:20 AM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

Thats what I was thinking when rating. Both ads are not that good, dont get me wrong, but Abrams has more appeal to the people she needs, and has better replay value, and as I said, some of those still shots are great.

Kemp's is good, but is overplayed, and I can see in a state with two competitive races that stuff like this is going to be thrown out a lot. It runs tiresome, and seems like a stock ad that the GOP would use.

Its a good ad, but its soo similar to many other ads. The truck ad Kemp did popped. You would remember it, and The D ad uses this remembrance by taking pieces of it and making Kemp look crazy. The GOP ad, is your typical scary ad, and those blend in rather easily.

Thats why I think the D ad was superior, but they are both average.

I could see a lot of Republican's across the country falling into a similar trap that Dem's fell into with Trump...

Republican's will focus so much on "Tying the candidate to Hillary & Pelosi" (Similar to Dems only focusing on "Trump is a horrible person") ... that they (R's) will end up being totally disconnected from real issues like an economic message... thus allowing Dems to hone in on a more substantive message that ends up winning over independents.
Its not a could, its a have. They did the same thing in PA-18.

Counterpoint: This also happened in GA-06 and Handel still pulled through despite that.

I think that was a different race with different dynamics. (also- I think that district is more Republican than the state as a whole).
SCNCmod

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »

They must be seeing it having an effect. I can tell you that in my part of the state, the #1 anti-Abrams talking point I'm hearing is about that (well, other than "guns!" and "Stone Mountain", but even then, it's probably still outpacing those, too).

It never really affected Rubio... I wonder why it is having more of an effect with Abrams.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies