LouisvilleThunder for Southern Senate! VICTORY!!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:17:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LouisvilleThunder for Southern Senate! VICTORY!!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LouisvilleThunder for Southern Senate! VICTORY!!!!!  (Read 2808 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 19, 2020, 12:42:04 AM »

That pic is not cited!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 12:49:21 AM »

That's better, Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 01:20:10 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlsFPV-yjQg
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:41:21 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZz3y6r-5H8

I listened to this so many times from my PS2 with the game on idle while doing Atlasia stuff.

Fits both Scarface and Atlasia rather well. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 07:00:20 PM »

The Senate rules are better bc we kept our heads.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 03:38:23 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2020, 12:22:31 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I don't agree with MB, the rule change was necessary due to unprecedented obstruction from those who refused to accept the election result. I recommend that the House does not repeal it as that would make it very hard for mandates for change to actually become law.

No it wasn't Pericles, and MB is right.

What the House did was:
1. Cut the number of slots
2. Restricted slot access to assigned members

What the Senate did:
1. Modified the clogging rule
2. Expanded the number of slots to match the new clogging rule
3. Created two new President Activitated slots that he can activitated by EO (on top of the existing Emergency, Budget and Executive Slots)
3. Reformed Cloture.

What the Senate did would work just as easily in the House, be more efficient and address the underlying issue without serving as an impediment to productivity and election mandates or whatever other non-sense excuses you might come up to justify this archane, byzantine insanity.

The problem from the get go was one of a pre-reset clogging rule that was copied and pasted unaltered to new chambers, with different numbers of members.  

There was and is no need for this system. It is with good reason that MB thinks the way he does, he has seen how the other side lives and it works!

Eventually that system will be scrapped onto the dustbin of history, just as soon as it annoys enough people who simultaneously realize there was a simpler, easier way to address the same problem and when the partisan winds don't just insist on its preservation for the simple sake of not admitting to being wrong.  

This was the equivalent of the 2014 Senate rules amendment, which famously nuked the VP's only tangible job in the name of simplifying the text. (I wrote an alternative amendment that achieved a 67% reduction in text word count compared their 75%) and it was rejected. It wasn't because of the 8% difference in word count, it was because they were determined to see a bad idea through to its disastrous conclusion. Four years of post-reset VP integration (and some crucial 2017 reforms) into Congress and you are campaigning on being better ticket in terms of VP to administer Congress, because you have never seen an Atlasia without it.

9.08 years of Atlasian Legislative Experience says I am right.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »

I haven’t paid attention to the game at all since the primary till last night and I come back to see a turn of numerous events that are not ideal.

Since this invokes something that happened during my tenure back when I was actually in the game, I’ll chime in. Honestly the slot system should be revoked. I don’t necessarily regret supporting it then because there were a massive number of bills in the queue but in times of low activity which historically is in the winter, it’s extremely inefficient. So it’s in the best interest of the House to adjust accordingly to the circumstances of the game. I said when it was debated that the results would speak for themselves and I stand by that today.

I can also confirm that MB has always been skeptical of the slot system dating back to the morning after the June election. I didn’t want to obstruct the debate/crafting process of bills on the other hand which put other remedies to the queue off the table.

Its only a matter of time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies