LouisvilleThunder for Southern Senate! VICTORY!!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:30:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LouisvilleThunder for Southern Senate! VICTORY!!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LouisvilleThunder for Southern Senate! VICTORY!!!!!  (Read 2815 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: February 19, 2020, 12:40:58 AM »
« edited: February 25, 2020, 03:08:02 AM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

Hello fellow Southerners!

I have returned to my hometown of Louisville, KY in this great region to run to serve YOU and be a voice to represent all who make the South and this country the bastion of freedom and success we take pride in. I am running for Senate because the South deserves better and bolder leadership that will not succumb to the mentality of managed democracy from a centralized elite, but rather put the Southern people first. I believe in policy that promotes life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This does not occur through nationalization of the economy, but rather through helping out that small family business on main street.

If this is the campaign you in your heart know is the best for us all, then I want your endorsements and your votes this weekend. Some may say this is last minute, but we can give the current powers that be their last minute very soon if we feel the power and energy ourselves!

Picture citation https://cdn.britannica.com/90/194390-050-D532D1CB/Louisville-banks-Kentucky-Ohio-River.jpg

Endorsements
Eternal Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT
Former Deputy GM Encke

Former Southern Speaker & Delegate Muaddib
People's Representative & Former President Fhtagn

Former Lincoln Senator Cinyc
Former Southern Delegate UlmerFudd
Former People's Representative Alancia
Yellowhammer

Former Southern Delegate John Henry Eden
Bagel23
SlippingJimmy
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov RGN
Southern Governor West_Midlander

Former Southern Delegate DeadPrez*
People's Representative Lfromnj*
Former Southern Senator Lechasseur

*Yes, I'm counting these as endorsements.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 01:16:15 AM »

How much cocaine will all Southerners be given if we vote for you?
remember I'm the one who actually legalized coca leaves and cocaine on a regional level Wink

But he was

I have tons of cocaine for all of my people! I am the Cocaine LT after all! Why support Diet Cocaine LT (which is MB) when you can get the real dealing straight from me? Wink
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 01:30:45 AM »

That was actually my sig lol, I believe LT had a different (inferior) Cocaine Mitch sig. Tbf I don't recall MB having a Cocaine Mitch sig.
Check my sig.  Grin
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:08:36 AM »

Thanks for all the support!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 02:35:41 AM »

I promise to create the office of Diet Cocaine Czar and I'll endorse you for that.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 02:46:02 PM »

Thanks for the endorsements!

Sad to see conservatives lining up behind drug kingpin and known fedoralist Louisville Thunder. Think of the children!TM
Hey, I am the candidate in this race who can give the best deals to conservatives!  Wink
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »

It's been 8 months since you introduced a bill despite serving in congress for nearly all that time. But I've introduced over 20 bills during my 3 1/2 months in the senate. If the South wants an senator who represents them why should they prefer you?
As for this point, I'll say that introducing bills isn't the only form of activity in a legislature. I feel like I've been pretty active in debate and I attend just about every vote. Also around 8 months ago was when the rule change that you voted for was passed with an aim at silencing the minority, and with a proudly hostile presidential administration and congressional majority simply made it less worthwhile of my focus to dig up old TNF bills like you have.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 04:53:12 PM »

Thanks!  Smile
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »

It's been 8 months since you introduced a bill despite serving in congress for nearly all that time. But I've introduced over 20 bills during my 3 1/2 months in the senate. If the South wants an senator who represents them why should they prefer you?
As for this point, I'll say that introducing bills isn't the only form of activity in a legislature. I feel like I've been pretty active in debate and I attend just about every vote. Also around 8 months ago was when the rule change that you voted for was passed with an aim at silencing the minority, and with a proudly hostile presidential administration and congressional majority simply made it less worthwhile of my focus to dig up old TNF bills like you have.

The idea that we need new laws is a terrible one. If anything, we need fewer laws and less regulation. The only bills that LouisvilleThunder should be proposing should be to repeal our old bad laws.
In that case, would you be interested in us bringing back Dumb Regulation Repeal Acts, of which plenty were passed prior to the Labor trifecta that started in July of last year?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 06:10:10 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2020, 06:14:13 PM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

I completely regret voting for that rule change and I've urged the house in private a few times since to repeal it.
You never complained about that publically before. So why say that now when you know you're vulnerable in your reelection bid?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 06:36:40 PM »

I completely regret voting for that rule change and I've urged the house in private a few times since to repeal it.
You never complained about that publically before. So why say that now when you know you're vulnerable in your reelection bid?

I suppose this is Laborcord which is definitely not transparent and public by any stretch lol. Also why censor out that other poster's name?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »

I suppose this is Laborcord which is definitely not transparent and public by any stretch lol. Also why censor out that other poster's name?
Point being, I regret voting for it. But it's not a hugely pressing issue so I guess I never felt the need or found the right opportunity to speak out publicly.

I'm also not gonna leak things that were said by other people in private.
Actions speak louder than words, and you are undeniably complicit in the "managed democracy" by the Labor Party running roughshod across Nyman for the past 8 months. You definitely have a lot of influence within the party, and you could have done something about it earlier. Why didn't you do it, if you believe you care.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »

I don't agree with MB, the rule change was necessary due to unprecedented obstruction from those who refused to accept the election result. I recommend that the House does not repeal it as that would make it very hard for mandates for change to actually become law.

However LT's excuse for inactivity is pretty weak, if his bill ideas were good then regardless of his party they would have been passed. I hope he can work constructively with me, I am happy to work with him in areas where we can find common ground. However, so far he has not demonstrated that ability.
This is a voluntary game first and foremost. In order to have a culture of the sort of constructive interesting and fun debate that so many candidates campaign for in this game, we should preserve a free and fair access to getting legislation considered on a first come, first serve basis. We also had existing anti-clogging measures anyway prior to the rule change which made it partisanly favored.

I understand why RL politics requires a much more heavy-handed and ruthless approach to getting an agenda through, but I believe we are better than this. As for your muh mandate point, elections do matter in determining the fate of legislation, but it harms the game overall to silence an opposition because it would only lead to the said opposition to become disengaged from the game as we have seen. While that may not concern you because your side is in the advantage, but if you don't have an opposition that can be a near even match to you, then your own side would start feeling disunity and disloyalty, and fixing that issue would require you to undertake more extreme measures to keep a lid on it until you face total division within your party since people will focus on internal rivalries over an external enemy.

As for my less active moments, I don't feel any regrets because I have always maintained at least a steady presence as an important part of the game, congress, and my party. I have started college too during this time, and I figured I might as well take care of myself outside of a game where the situation frankly seemed to dire at the moment as I understand how cycles of power work in this game. Also, Congress felt like a place where my contributions were unwelcome, and I have the maturity to know where to concentrate my focus instead like a true champ.
You have never been good at having any humility, Pericles. Sure, you can point to a few bipartisan accomplishments, but it all seems like an act to me, and trying to work "constructively" with you is of no mutual use to both of us as you genuinely seem to regard any attitude you hold about a bill or a person in the game as the truth just because you say it. I know you are willing to lie and cheat to get your way on anything which just seems wrong to me.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 07:17:57 PM »

That's just one reason why I want to join you in the fun chamber. Smiley

Thank you for your support!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 03:33:47 AM »

Thank you for your endorsements! The LTrain keeps rolling along towards victory!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 09:37:27 PM »

This is by far the best endorsement of them all. I really appreciate your courage to do what you did today.

Thanks for coming back to show some support!

Howdy there! 🤠

Cool
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 11:15:58 PM »

Thanks for your endorsement and vote!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2020, 10:48:49 AM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

Image citation. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/rXJE46mzSe9e7HV2-5IWO0BnAwtTYdBOhIyFS0705wXL80zS9nCuYzRT7ICdhopZJVjhm9eztQ68WsoJJBwfWKFcjCdGQ2x1buWyg8T4

Get out the vote rally at Talladega

I am here at the Talladega Superspeedway in the great state of Alabama to make one last pitch to go out and vote for the real change you want to see for our amazing Dixieland and our nation. It is time for a real bold alternative to our government currently in power. As seen by the ways that Labor seeks to punish those who don't obey, it must mean that the tyranny is real.

I may have been leading by more than I have expected for most of this race, it has been tightening and victory is far from assured. I thank all those who have came out to support me especially including those from the other side. It takes a lot of work to get to where you want to be, and as Ricky Bobby once said, "If you ain't first, you're last." Let's be first!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 10:50:00 AM »

Isn't that the one that's supposed to be cursed (I have literally no idea how I apparently know this fact but apparently I do for some reason)
If there's any curse, it's been undone by my addition of an image citation. Wink
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 03:22:45 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Senator-elect!
Congratulations on your victories!
While I of course supported MB, congrats LT for actually pulling it off.

Thank you all for your kind words.

So, it looks like I actually pulled it off. I came into this election fully expecting to narrowly lose, but we did it. I would like to thank all of the voters who participated in this grand exercise of internet democracy regardless of who you voted for (of course voting for me is always a better choice as proven by the election results). I would also like to commend Senator MB for being one hell of an opponent who was definitely a force to be reckoned with and made this election interesting all the way through while at the same time being a person I genuinely like compared to most of my other election opponents I've had in the past, and I wish for nice things for him going forward.

As for the future, I feel like this election shows that the game is going back to normal and that the Federalist Party and the right as a whole is back in business ready to present our ideas to improve the well-being of our nation and to build on the steady set of gains we've made since the October bottom point. As YOUR Senator, I will not lose sight of the context of how I came to be where I am, and thus I will treat it as a privilege and honor to be able to write and vote on legislation that will seek to better the lives of all Southerners and Atlasians.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies