Would you feel sorry for this guy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:18:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you feel sorry for this guy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you feel sorry for this guy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Would you feel sorry for this guy?  (Read 1813 times)
Rooney
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »

Yeah, I feel bad for the dude. At one of the schools I taught at a substitute teacher was removed from the school because he wore a collar shirt with a cannabis leaf on it. The sub never told the kids to smoke weed or anything but he was removed from the school just because of the leaf on his shirt. I told the associate principal that the sub was good at his job but she did not care. "He should have known better," was all she could say. The guy was not even high, he just wore a shirt with a little weed leaf on it. One of the teachers at this school acknowledged that he "loved" to taunt the special education kids in his civics course and all that happened to him is he was placed at another high school. He never lost his job but the underpaid, overworked sub was due to his clothing choice. We live in one hell of a crazy world. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2013, 10:34:53 PM by Simfan34 »

Yeah, I feel bad for the dude. At one of the schools I taught at a substitute teacher was removed from the school because he wore a collar shirt with a cannabis leaf on it. The sub never told the kids to smoke weed or anything but he was removed from the school just because of the leaf on his shirt. I told the associate principal that the sub was good at his job but she did not care. "He should have known better," was all she could say. The guy was not even high, he just wore a shirt with a little weed leaf on it. One of the teachers at this school acknowledged that he "loved" to taunt the special education kids in his civics course and all that happened to him is he was placed at another high school. He never lost his job but the underpaid, overworked sub was due to his clothing choice. We live in one hell of a crazy world. 

Public schools are messed up places, but so was the guy.

As general manager that's not your choice to make.

Also if you want to go to a place where marijuana is uncommon India would not be a wise choice...

I'm sure it's not impossible to find people in this economy who are willing to work at a call centre who don't indulge in marijuana.

WTF am I doing working at a call center, anyway?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 10:34:27 PM »

Teachers shouldn't wear clothing that promotes illegal activity. Not that complicated...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »

So if I was a teacher, would it be wrong for me to wear this shirt of mine?

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 01:52:14 AM »

Yes. Also teachers wearing T-shirts is weird.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 05:38:24 AM »

Yes. Also teachers wearing T-shirts is weird.

Yeah - I don't know of any school that has that relaxed of a dress code for staff.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 05:51:38 AM »

Yes, but ultimately management has a right to do this sort of thing.

Precisely!  This is precisely the problem and what is wrong with america.  If the job were properly unionized and regulated, so that they would have to give him six months salary, they might not be so whimsical in their destruction of people's lives.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:27 AM »

Precisely!  This is precisely the problem and what is wrong with america.  If the job were properly unionized and regulated, so that they would have to give him six months salary, they might not be so whimsical in their destruction of people's lives.

How is it in the union's best interest to allow people to get six months' salary for being let go for smoking pot?  Then other union members end up having to work harder to essentially subsidize the fired worker's pay.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »

How is it in the union's best interest to allow people to get six months' salary for being let go for smoking pot?  Then other union members end up having to work harder to essentially subsidize the fired worker's pay.

I'd love to know where that six months months salary is going to come from.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 09:36:55 AM »

I feel sorry for everyone who loses his or her job. Being employed myself, I don't want to imagine what it means to lose your job from one day to another. All that uncertainty regarding your own future must be terrible. On the other hand, this guy has no one else to blame but himself. I hope he'll learn from his mistake.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »

you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2013, 12:53:04 PM by King »

This is just the natural conclusion of allowing "casual" dress in workplaces. Soon you'll have people coming in in their underwear or covered in sweat after a workout. It's disgusting.

And back from their honeymoon after marrying a horse, no less.

And vaporizers do have a smell but it's more of a burnt popcorn stench than weed.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »

What the heck?  'Work harder'?  What are you talking about - they might make a tough face or think tough thoughts?  Dude, there is no 'working harder'.  If the boss wants to fire someone, he should have to pay - because this protects all of us from being fired.

From the same place the poor bastards paycheck came from before he was fired!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »

What the heck?  'Work harder'?  What are you talking about - they might make a tough face or think tough thoughts?  Dude, there is no 'working harder'.  If the boss wants to fire someone, he should have to pay - because this protects all of us from being fired.

From the same place the poor bastards paycheck came from before he was fired!

So the company has the same expenses but less revenue?  Then why wouldn't everyone just slack off, knowing they're guaranteed money?  And at that point, the company has no revenue!  No revenue means no paychecks.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »

From fleecing the rich,  of course.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length