Are we headed toward a depression? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:22:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are we headed toward a depression? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Are we headed toward a depression?  (Read 4699 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: September 30, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

No.  But don't expect things to be rosy (or even pinkish) for quite a while.

All in all, it's good for this young generation (thinking under 25 or so) to experience such a thing.  They've had it quite too easy.

Even some people my age and slightly older who didn't live through the late 70s or early 80s (or remember it) never went through bad times.  It's good for them too.

The only reason why I know I'm different is because Houston in the mid 1980s to the early 1990s was in as bad of shape as the rest of the country was during the late 70s or early 80s.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:09:53 PM »

No.  But don't expect things to be rosy (or even pinkish) for quite a while.

All in all, it's good for this young generation (thinking under 25 or so) to experience such a thing.  They've had it quite too easy.

Even some people my age and slightly older who didn't live through the late 70s or early 80s (or remember it) never went through bad times.  It's good for them too.

The only reason why I know I'm different is because Houston in the mid 1980s to the early 1990s was in as bad of shape as the rest of the country was during the late 70s or early 80s.

Actually, it is good for the young because assets will be cheaper to buy, both real estate and securities. The real expected return for equities is higher than it was 3 years ago, and certainly 8 years ago.

That too.  I just don't like the attitude of most kids today - they feel as if they deserve everything when they can't have it all for nothing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies